IGNORED

HDMI to RCA converter needed for a decent price

doug

I purchased a Minix box from Lanzalad and it is great and has only HDMI output.  I am here another 18 days and I would love to be able to use it, but my hotel has a tube TV.  I went to Tukom and they wanted over 2k for a converter.  I can buy one back home for less than 500 baht.  I will wait till I get home and buy one if needed because I am not going to pay that price. 

Does anyone know of a place that sells them cheaper, or does anyone have one that they no longer use that I could purchase? 

My laptop and tablet are both output only so I can not hook up to those either.

Any suggestions guys?

Component video is 480i. Even if you had a converter, your source is 1080p. That will either translate to only seeing a fraction of the total image on the screen or some rather strange scaling down to that resolution, at which point menus and buttons will become unusable/illegible. Not sure if that would be worth it. 

Not sure which unit you got, but if the SoC is fast enough, you could download something like Samsung Link app to the box and a windows version for your laptop, then shoot content from the box to your laptop screen. Only catch there is that you can't cast too many streaming video options. Mainly for locally stored video and photos, so not entirely useful if you have your laptop and tablet already. That actually begs the question: what does this box have that you can't already do/see on your laptop or tablet?

I've given up on finding one. I will just use the box when I get home and I will find a hotel with flat screen next trip. Thank you all for reading.

Archived