Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Ed Visa in Laos

lavezzi

going to get my visa in Vientiane, i booked the flight and an hotel 100 meters from the Embassy.

Somebody told me to bring 40 USD for the laos visa, another one told me better going to Embassy around 10:00 AM.

Any suggestions (best time to get to embassy, taxi, kind of money to bring along) ?

Man is the only animal that can establish a friendly relationship with his victims

You have to pay 1500 Baht (or equivalent in USD) for Laos visa on arrival at the airport.

- It opens about 8:30, but go there about 8:00. You will be out in 15 minutes. If you go there late, you will spend there 2 hours.

- Don't buy from Lao people any forms, numbers etc in front of embassy. You will get everything for free inside.

- For Thai visa you need Thai Baht, you can't pay in USD or Kip (Lao money). You have to have Thai baht!

- You need copy of passport (can be done in embassy, second floor near toilets) and you need photos (can be done in front of embassy (outside)).

You should buy your own Kawasaki KSR (review). 26 yo farang living in Isan.

There are agents outside your hotel [popular service] who also drive the taxis who take care of the visa for you. The mark up meant I could spend more time touring the town and sleeping in.

I got my ED Visa in Cambodia (Phnom Phen) in April 2014... One thing that I will do next time (besides not necessarily getting to their office early as I found that they were late in opening (like 1 hour late) on the two days that I went there) - if I decide to try to get another ED Visa after this one is finished - is to leave enough time for them to process the Visa... When I went, I think I figured it would be ready in a day or so... They told me that it normally takes ?3? days to process (I forget the exact number of days they said, but it was past the date of my already booked and non-changeable Air Asia flight back to Thailand)... I told them that wouldn't work for me, and they said we/the Embassy immigration office aren't here to work your schedule... Eventually the immigration officer (after checking with some other people in the office) reluctantly said they could get it done in time... So next time I would leave 5 days or so just in case they take a few days to process the Visa... I liked the trip to Phnom Phen and would probably go back there if I need to do a Visa run again... 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

Archived