IGNORED

60 day visa extension process

leonardo787

hello Mates,

i keep hearing and reading about this new Tourist visa extensions for 60 days, could someone pleae explain how that works?

upon entering in BKK airport tourists are granted 30 days, could i apply right then and there at the immigration office for 60 days and pay the 1900 baht?

someone please help me out?

cheers mates!

its only 30 days added to your 30 given upon entry

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Hi, if you are from a country who get 30 days at airport through the visa exemption scheme,

you can now get a 30 days extension by just asking for it in an Immigration Office before the end of these 30 days.

Will make 30+30 = 60 days total.

Problem with Jomtien is they will try to get 3'000 baht for that when official price is 1'900 baht..

See http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/763503-30-day-extension-at-jomtien/ for (bad) examples :sad:

Hi, if you are from a country who get 30 days at airport through the visa exemption scheme,

you can now get a 30 days extension by just asking for it in an Immigration Office before the end of these 30 days.

Will make 30+30 = 60 days total.

Problem with Jomtien is they will try to get 3'000 baht for that when official price is 1'900 baht..

See http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/763503-30-day-extension-at-jomtien/ for (bad) examples :sad:

can i ask for those extra 30 days in the airport as soon as i arrive to BKK?.....im just trying to stay for 40 days

At the airport you will get 30 days (visa on arrival). You can extend these visa for another 30 days (1900 Baht). And after you can extend these visa for another 7 days (1900 Baht). So all together you can stay 67 days on visa on arrival.

Or you can get single entry visa in your country for 60 days. Plus 30 days and 7 days extensions = 97 days on single entry visa.

Or you can get in your country double entry visa. It means 60 days in Thailand, then crossing border to Laos, another 60 days in Thailand, extension for 30 days and 7 days = 157 days on double entry visa.

Then there are visa runs = unlimited time in Thailand.

You should buy your own Kawasaki KSR (review). 26 yo farang living in Isan.

At the airport you will get 30 days (visa on arrival). You can extend these visa for another 30 days (1900 Baht). And after you can extend these visa for another 7 days (1900 Baht). So all together you can stay 67 days on visa on arrival.

Or you can get single entry visa in your country for 60 days. Plus 30 days and 7 days extensions = 97 days on single entry visa.

Or you can get in your country double entry visa. It means 60 days in Thailand, then crossing border to Laos, another 60 days in Thailand, extension for 30 days and 7 days = 157 days on double entry visa.

Then there are visa runs = unlimited time in Thailand.

Very clear. Thanks for that

At the airport you will get 30 days (visa on arrival).

No you will not (for most of members here).

What you get is not a Visa On Arrival, not even a Visa. It's an 30-days Authorisation of Stay in a Visa Exemption scheme.

Visa On Arrival give you only 15 days and is reserved to a few countries : http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15393-Visa-on-Arrival.html

can i ask for those extra 30 days in the airport as soon as i arrive to BKK?

.....im just trying to stay for 40 days

No. I think you must wait until 15 or 10 days before the end of your authorisation of stay to ask for an extension.

Archived