IGNORED

Visa Snafu- How to Handle Immigration? 😃

likethaigirls

Hi All,

Recently, I got a 2 month Tourist Visa in Phnom Penh. My plan was/is to extend it for the third month, and hang in LOS until mid-January, 2015.

When I came back from Cambodia (by good road, BTW, I recommend it- 13 hours from Phnom Penh to Pattaya- $28 USD) Thai Immigration did *not* see my 2 month visa and stamped me in for 1 month, non-extendable. I didn't notice the error until I got to Pattaya. So, as it is, I'd have to leave LOS before the end of Nov. 2014.

I will go to Immigration at Jomtien and see if they'll help.

My concern is, Jomtien Immigration could say to me, "The 2 month visa you have allows you to enter Thailand up until 19 Jan 2015. So, you just leave when your existing 1 month visa is up later this month, and you can still come back in using your 2 month visa."

To get a 2 month Tourist Visa, I had to buy an air ticket out of LOS. Flight date: last half of Jan, 2015. If I come back to Thailand for 3 months starting late Nov, 2014, I could stay until mid-Feb, 2015, and if I did that, the air ticket would be wasted. I'd like to avoid that.

Just wondering if anybody has any persuasive strategies I can use at Jomtien Immigration?

Thanks for reading!

If you buy an Air Asia ticket you can get back the taxes (what usually is the biggest part) 

if you don't actually use the ticket . 

If you buy an Air Asia ticket you can get back the taxes (what is usually the biggest part) 

in case you don't use the ticket . 

Go to Jomtien quickly, mate had the same problem and they helped him out...even tho I thought they would make him go back to POE at Swampy airport.

In the end, Jomtien Immigration was *no* help to me. So, I'll have to do a visa run (to Cambodia). Big deal. The timeframe is the same, and since it costs 1,900 Baht to extend a 60 day visa for 30 more days, financially it's pretty even, too.

In future, I will never fail to check what Thai Immigration is stamping in my passport!

A year or so back, they stamped 'Jan' (January) in my passport instead of 'Jun' (June). That happened at Don Mueang, and I caught it in time. Got it corrected. Does it matter? Potentially, yes.

In the end, Jomtien Immigration was *no* help to me. So, I'll have to do a visa run to Cambodia. It's not a big deal. Same timeframe, and extending a 60 day visa to 90 days costs 1,900 Baht, almost the same price as the visa run...

In future, I will always check what they're stamping in my passport!

A year or so ago, Immigration at Don Mueang stamped 'Jan' (January) in my passport when it should have been 'Jun' (June). I caught that one in time. Got it corrected.

Does it matter? Potentially, yes.

Archived