Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How to say "finish" in Thai? Which one is right....

AndyFTH

To my knowledge there are three phrases, that are used as a "finish":

1. Set leo.
  2. Mot leo.
  3. Chop leo.

But I never know which one to use? Does somebody know, what they exactly mean and when to use them?

When you stop looking TV, eating food, having relationship or having headache - they every time use something different.

You should buy your own Kawasaki KSR (review). 26 yo farang living in Isan.

"Set" same like English (doing something) finished eating, finished working, etc.

"Mot" same like "run-out" in English drink finished, money finished, etc.

"chop" (or jop) same like "end" in English, use with a noun, the song is finished, the show has finished

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

owi; my girl says this when she's had enough pork sword. 5555

I think she is asking you for "more"

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

I think she is asking you for "more"

I think your being as cheeky as me? 555 I thought it meant I'm full as in enough food? ( no wonder she was disappointed when I stopped 555)

"Set" same like English (doing something) finished eating, finished working, etc.

"Mot" same like "run-out" in English drink finished, money finished, etc.

"chop" (or jop) same like "end" in English, use with a noun, the song is finished, the show has finished

Also Set is often used as in "it is ready" Ahahn set laaow -  Food is ready

For a headache it can be Hai laaow (Hai with a rising tone) or rarely Dee keun for getting better.

Quit smoking can be Lerk soop boree ( the r is not pronounced in lerk), lerk can also be used in quitting a relationship.

Chasing girls can be expensive

But it's more expensive if you catch one

Oh, and you wouldn't normally use any of these for finished eating, you would normally just state "im laaow" - I'm full

Oh, and you wouldn't normally use any of these for finished eating, you would normally just state "im laaow" - I'm full

Thanks Loong, I do get horribly mixed up at times, I should try drinking less and learning more.    :GoldenSmile1:

Yang rein mai set

Thanks Loong, I do get horribly mixed up at times, I should try drinking less and learning more.    :GoldenSmile1:

Yang rein mai set

Pom poot pasa thai diy, dtae yang mai geng

When in a relationship with a Thai woman, it is compulsory to drink more. It is the only way to hold on to your sanity :)

• 5 months later...

I would like to add:

ribroy = finish

That's what you might hear if you're running some errands at the bank or some office and they're finished doing what they do there. Your visit has been "completed."

To my knowledge there are three phrases, that are used as a "finish":

1. Set leo.
  2. Mot leo.
  3. Chop leo.

But I never know which one to use? Does somebody know, what they exactly mean and when to use them?

When you stop looking TV, eating food, having relationship or having headache - they every time use something different.

Sure I know what these mean. It's my secret that I don't really enjoy sex with my wife (ssh!! don't share please!!) and one of the reasons is that she keeps telling me เสร็จได้แล้ว (=you can finish/cum already)

Finished having a headache? um. I don't think any one of those sound good. How do you finish that anyway?

Finished a relationship? "job"

Don't forget "die lao" .. deaded.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

Don't forget "die lao" .. deaded.

....right. That's when you go to the market and order something like pancakes (roti) and they've got heaps of orders before yours so you never really know when they're finished with your order. So you stand there looking numb until they say ได้แล้ว to you. Or if you want to look smarter, you walk around and come back and ask ได้หรือยังครับ after which they might reply ได้แล้วค่ะ 

I use the English word a lot when funds are running low at the end of my holiday.

A bargirl asks me for a drink and I say "money feenee" (money finished). Always works :)

I use the English word a lot when funds are running low at the end of my holiday.

A bargirl asks me for a drink and I say "money feenee" (money finished). Always works :)

What you should say is, kor heng mai  :GoldenSmile1:

mai mi Tang when you dont want to spend Money is good also

I don't know 'chop,' perhaps you mean 'jope?' (จบ)

Another one is 'paw.' Translates like 'is sufficient.'

Job lao  is what it says at the end of a Thai movie too. We say 'The End'    :Good_Night:

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

I often hear girls saying "Ka Put" or "Ca Pot", is this Issan or Thai?

I often hear girls saying "Ka Put" or "Ca Pot", is this Issan or Thai?

It's German: Kaputt :GoldenSmile1:

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

"Mod Leo" - I say, if I have an empty bottle of beer at the bar.  :GoldenSmile1:

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Archived