Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Indian Tailors

thisisit001

We've all had the handshake and do our best to avoid them but now I really could do with a new suit. Are these Tailors really any good? Is it really value for money? and have any of you got any recommendations or dissatisfaction with previous encounters?

I wouldn't give any of those pricks the satisfaction. There is a good tailor in Royal Garden on the 2nd or 3rd floor on the north side of the mall

I would recommend Thai tailors next to TukCom parking hall (on the soi leading there), at address 20/375-6 Moo 10.

If you prefer Indian I have some good experience with Bobby's on 2nd Road / Pratamnak Road opposite to Soi Diamond.

I'm there in January and was wondering if the suits were really good value for money? I have no preference because I've never used the service before.

We've all had the handshake and do our best to avoid them but now I really could do with a new suit. Are these Tailors really any good? Is it really value for money? and have any of you got any recommendations or dissatisfaction with previous encounters?

They're not tailors, just middle men, but some offer a good service.

Otherwise 'O Tailer' next to TukCom as above or there are others around the corner.

Indian tailors are from all parts of India but those settled in Thailand are mostly Sikhs from Punjab and in the proffessionfrom generations. Most of them are huge land owners in losand are highly skillful.prices of getting quality stitched suits in India is dirt cheap compared to Europe and States. Etc.ideally cant comment for prices in Thailand.in fact my cousin settled in. U.k comes back regularly to India to shop for loads of shoes,leather bags and belts, spectacle frames stitched suits and trousers and heaps of fashion jewellery for his missus who is from the Usa.all these are at a fraction of the cost if you know the right places to buy.

i love pattaya

I'm there in January and was wondering if the suits were really good value for money? I have no preference because I've never used the service before.

Suites are really good value for money here, I bet you would not regret buying one but the most depressing part of the process is to avoid those over aggressive tailor middle men and find good tailor. I would suggest these ones mentioned in my previous post: 

"I would recommend Thai tailors next to TukCom parking hall (on the soi leading there), at address 20/375-6 Moo 10.

If you prefer Indian I have some good experience with Bobby's on 2nd Road / Pratamnak Road opposite to Soi Diamond."

I have heard some good feedback from Louis tailor also which is easy to find just under the Walking Street sign on the beach road. Don't have own experience from Louis though

Many of the 'tailors' are middle men for a factory. They measure you and take the order, then send it to the same workshop as many others to be made up.

This said, I have had several pairs of trousers and a jacket from Leilani in Naklua Road. Good service and big choice of fabrics.

About one hundred metres north of the Dolphin Roundabout on the righthand side. I think there is some redevelopment of property in the area so need to check if Leilani is still there.

Very few good ones.  The so called better tailors are not up to much but there again some people don't notice the puckered seams or wrongly cut trousers.  At the end of the day you pay your money and take your choice.  Best compare any "quote" they give you for a "hand made suit" with off the peg ones in Central department store for both cost and quality first.

However here is another fact that may or may not influence your decision to visit any Indian tailor on you motor cycle.   It has been widely publicized recently that 43% of the Indian population still prefer to defecate in the street or similar.  That an almighty amount of crap and no wonder they smell.

However the real point I am making is that 43% is almost half the population therefore statistically if the Indian tailors employ say 6 people, that means whilst you are being measured for your suit 3 of them are outside taking a dump on or near your motor cycle !  So as a precaution best to go for your measuring and fitting wearing Wellington boots !!     :hello09:

• 3 weeks later...

I have only used Michelle on Beach Rd next to TQ.

I was referred by a friend and now have several friends that are happy with them.

As far as material quality, just depends what you choose, if you want the fake name brand, that's the shit quality.

I have had some really nice generic wool/cashmere blends that are going on 4 year old and still strong, I get 2 pants w/ each jacket and rotate them.

Last time, 2 suits each with 2 pants and 10 shirts cost about $700usd.

Not the least expensive but I do choose the best quality materials they have.

I have only used Michelle on Beach Rd next to TQ.

I was referred by a friend and now have several friends that are happy with them.

As far as material quality, just depends what you choose, if you want the fake name brand, that's the shit quality.

I have had some really nice generic wool/cashmere blends that are going on 4 year old and still strong, I get 2 pants w/ each jacket and rotate them.

Last time, 2 suits each with 2 pants and 10 shirts cost about $700usd.

Not the least expensive but I do choose the best quality materials they have.

The material you see in the shops all comes from China nowadays (unless it's actual branded stuff from Europe/North America). If folk are comfortable with that, then fine ... you only get what you pay for, and all that. It's when guys start going on about getting Italian/English wool and Cashmere suits for a couple of thousand Baht that you hope they know more about women than they do about suit fabrics.   :WinkGrin1:

The material you see in the shops all comes from China nowadays (unless it's actual branded stuff from Europe/North America). If folk are comfortable with that, then fine ... you only get what you pay for, and all that. It's when guys start going on about getting Italian/English wool and Cashmere suits for a couple of thousand Baht that you hope they know more about women than they do about suit fabrics.   :WinkGrin1:

They do have the materials for a 2000b suit if price is most important, for sure there is no shortage of crap.

But if you don't mind to pay more for quality, you do have that option, I cannot speak for other tailors as I have not been to any other.

Whether or not the higher priced materials come from Europe as they claim, I have had 6 made the last 4 years, wear suit to work on average 6 days a week and they are all still going strong.

Being  6'4" 300lb, pretty hard on them as well.

They're not tailors, just middle men, but some offer a good service.

Otherwise 'O Tailer' next to TukCom as above or there are others around the corner.

Another vote for O Tailor near TukCom......... as far as the Indian tailors are concerned it should be legal to tazer them ....especially the one at the corner of Beach Rd and Sio 6 , I would gladly put 20,000 volts through that rude pushy bastard... and I'm not a violent man.

I too am in need of a suit, last trip I was not a fan of the approach of most of the suit vendors and did not want to stop. I will check out O Tailor when I head back. What is the turn around time from measuring to picking it up? I also understand there is different materials etc.. but what type of price range are you looking at? (rough estimate)

That handshake move... clever but easy to avoid. As long as the words out there.

My best trick to bypass the fucking annoying handshake, then drag you towards the shop is to always hold a bottle of water (or beer) in your right hand.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Took my first stroll down beach road today. " want to buy suit, suit for you, good suit, suit suit suit". Damn that got annoying quick. I spent enough time in similar areas in border towns of Mexico to have a cure for it though. I just pretend they don't exist. If they approach or try to talk to me, I just keep walking looking straight passed them as if they aren't there. If they try to reach a hand out or step in front of me, they quickly realize I'm not gonna stop and they step outa the way. Probly doesn't hurt that I'm a big guy. Get mistaken for a famous us football player a few times a day most days.

That's the trick. Just pretend you're on a mission to get somewhere. For my next trip I think I'm gonna have some custom t-shirts made up that say "NO! I do not want to buy a suit!" Lol

-Stay Classy PA

Most won't hassle you if they see you have earphones on , but some are so thick, they will still speak to you even though they know you can't hear them.

I remember on my last visit that all the taxi drivers wanted to take us to these so they get fuel money, quickly learnt after the 2nd time to tell the driver no before we got in the taxi.

Pain in the arse

Another vote for O Tailor near TukCom......... as far as the Indian tailors are concerned it should be legal to tazer them ....especially the one at the corner of Beach Rd and Sio 6 , I would gladly put 20,000 volts through that rude pushy bastard... and I'm not a violent man.

I have just returened from Patts and would also reccommend these tailors, if you know someone who can speak thai, take them with you as communication could be a problem if you require something specific.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@12.9230189,100.8787514,3a,75y,120.72h,86.68t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1srSBVUK56DxQesJxAwfdw5w!2e0

Archived