IGNORED

40 days in Thailand. What visa to get?

Mr Wombat

My next trip to thailand from Australia I will be staying 40 days. So what should i do for a visa?

Get visa on arrival at swampy then extend at jomtien immigration

Get visa on arrival and overstay 10 days. pay fine at airport

Get 60 day visa before leaving australia

Thanks

12 Pints in Know it all

Depends if your ticket shows you returning in 40 days.  If it does, a 60 day visa is the way to go.

Get a 60 day there are serious penaltys for overstay at the moment and rules change daily at Jomtian (I was once trying to extend a 90 day multi entry for 18 days and they would only give me 7)

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer.

I just rang the thai embassy here in Brisbane. They said they can do the 60 day visa straight away if I bring my documents in. $45. Thats the way to go. I didn't realise it was so easy

12 Pints in Know it all

• 3 months later...

I just rang the thai embassy here in Brisbane. They said they can do the 60 day visa straight away if I bring my documents in. $45. Thats the way to go. I didn't realise it was so easy

Depends what you need to do. This last trip was for 35 days and I too got a 60 day tourist visa. I forgot that I needed to renew my Thai car and motor bike licences and to do this I needed a non-immigrant O visa. I need to remember this for the next trip.

Archived