IGNORED

Just wanted to make sure about a SIM card and my galaxy 4 And simplest way to use

Expediter

hello all. So from what I understand I have a galaxy 4 which is a global phone so I can use it in Thailand (called Verizon and they gave me the global rates). From what I have been reading on the forum if I buy a sim (for example true) from the airport or local shops I just pop in into my galaxy and I now have local 3G service and I can make calls , if so I walk now have a thai number when I make calls and receive calls?is it That simple, nothing else needed? Thank you.

you need to make sure your phone is UNLOCKED.  If it's from Verizon, I'm going to say it is not UNLOCKED unless you request them to unlock it. (or you can search the web on how to unlock)

Call Verizon and have them UNLOCK your S4. Their international plan is in blocks of $25 so as you use up your data allowance another $25 will be charged. If you plan on using quite a bit of data then a SIM card thru AIS, DTAC, or True, would be cheaper. Arriving at the airport you will see all these mobile phone counters and most of the time cute girls will be handing out free SIM cards. Just go to any counter and pick a plan that fits your needs and they will insert the SIM card for you and ensure all your contacts and apps are running properly. If you need additional data just go to any 7-11 or mobile store to top up. I mostly use DTAC but any of the 3 mentioned will work just fine. Happy Hunting!

Archived