IGNORED

Scan your hardrive

Billyboy294

I used to have a 'program' (link) which scanned your HD and showed all the photos you had been looking at and some you had not even been looking at but happened to be on the same page.

I have forgotten it and the German doctor in my condo who gave it to me has since died.

Anyone know what it is?

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Nine ;-)

I don't know the specific program you're talking about but if you want your HD wiped clean of all the past stuff you had on your HD but now deleted use a program like "CCleaner", under the tools section there is a "drive wiper".  Run the cleaner every week or so and use drive wiper once a month, wipe your drive clean 1-3-7 or 35 times to erase all the stuff you had in the past but now deleted.

http://download.cnet.com/CCleaner/

It's just your browser cache. What browser do you use?

Search Google and you'll find various ways to see what's currently in your cache.

I used to have a 'program' (link) which scanned your HD and showed all the photos you had been looking at and some you had not even been looking but happened to be on the same page.

I have forgotten it and the German doctor in my condo who gave it to me has since died.

Anyone know what it is?

I have done a google search and have not seen it. I would recognise it if i saw it.

There are many programs to clean up your HD or reorganise your photos but I don't want that. These are not just photos i have deleted but ones i have just looked at such as on this site and others.

Some of you would be horrified to see what is there. So don't even think about  looking at topics like  "BBBJ and CIM" if you don't want this kind of photos to be on your HD.

I normally use Firefox but also use IE8  I have XP.

There are many programs to clean up your HD or reorganise your photos but I don't want that.

So what do you want?  

A program to see the stuff you visited in the past, or something to erase all your past visits?

Win7:
Go to the folder you want to search
On the search bar to the top-right type kind:
You should see a drop down to various kinds of search – choose the one you want and hit enter
If you want to find all pictures, the search would be kind:=picture
If you want to search for pictures and something else then it would be kind:=music OR kind:=pictures OR kind:=videos

So what do you want?  

A program to see the stuff you visited in the past, or something to erase all your past visits?

In the first instance I want to get what i highlighted.

Naturally I don't want to erase all the  photos in my HD and not sure how  it would be possible to differentiate and only erase unwanted ones. Hundreds of photos appeared with the function i am looking for and the good mixed up with the bad. There did not seem to be a way of deleted them apart from formatting the HD.

The function searched your HD, not a folder.

I would think the Police would use something like this if they wanted to see what you have on your computer.

I don't know the specific program you're talking about but if you want your HD wiped clean of all the past stuff you had on your HD but now deleted use a program like "CCleaner", under the tools section there is a "drive wiper".  Run the cleaner every week or so and use drive wiper once a month, wipe your drive clean 1-3-7 or 35 times to erase all the stuff you had in the past but now deleted.

http://download.cnet.com/CCleaner/

Do you need this if you have your settings on private browser? My understanding is that your computer will not leave a digital footprint when this setting is activated.

Do you need this if you have your settings on private browser? My understanding is that your computer will not leave a digital footprint when this setting is activated.

Correct, if using the private setting your browser won't leave a digital footprint.

Correct, if using the private setting your browser won't leave a digital footprint.

It seems to me then that just keeping your browser on private view answers the OPs problem.

Archived