IGNORED

Diamond City Place

durhamboy

I am think of staying at the Diamond City Place Apartments. Anyone have any comments about it e.g. :-

1. Is it girl friendly?

2. How far is it from Walking Street - looks like about 10 mins walk on the map but most Pattaya maps dont give the scale so it's hard to know for sure.

3. What are the rooms like - they look ok on their website but then they would wouldnt they?

Thanks

it is girl friendly

It's more like 15mins walk to WS. The area it is in is a little different. There are no bars or clubs very close by. It's right by the tucom plaza and the chinese supermarket. Wet and wild is the nearest go go.

They have several different classes of room so quality varies greatly. Several of my friends tend to stay there and they seem to like it. Might even try it myself next trip.

the location puts me off the most. It's the kind of place you have to get to 2 tuk tuks to get anywhere or have a motorbike.

it is girl friendly

It's more like 15mins walk to WS. The area it is in is a little different. There are no bars or clubs very close by. It's right by the tucom plaza and the chinese supermarket. Wet and wild is the nearest go go.

They have several different classes of room so quality varies greatly. Several of my friends tend to stay there and they seem to like it. Might even try it myself next trip.

the location puts me off the most. It's the kind of place you have to get to 2 tuk tuks to get anywhere or have a motorbike.

Thanks very much. I dont mind the walk partly because I kind of object to paying twice the local price on the baht buses!

• 8 months later...

Cracking dealbreakers these people, after seeing on their website it is 990 a night and 9900 a month, i asked if he could give me a price for 2 weeks and he said to my surprise 1500 per night which for 14 nights = 21000

Even if i could have been bothered to barter with this dim fool, it would have meant knocking off somewhere in the ballpark of 55% to get the advertised price. It really wasnt worth my while to open my mouth.

This is now low season i dont give a fcuk if they only went to school until they were 12 seconds old, or if English is their 542nd language if you get put in such a position you dont let the customer walk away or better still make up a ficticious price which is double the advertised one.

Edited by tony33

• 4 months later...

I will be able to answer with day-fresh info within a day or two. Just checked in, got very good service and nice attitude from the reception lady - contrary to when i was here checking the rooms yesterday and a male receptionist wasnt at the best of customer relations.

But due to the standard of the room (higher than any appartment or hotel i have lived in the same price class), took the biggest, and the price and in my case good location considering the things i have to do in pattaya this stay, i decided to give it a try.

I am no longer the "party all trip-guy" since i have work and studies to do here, but my addiction is new girls and 3- or 4-somes a couple of times a week at least, so it will stand clear as soon as i recover from my hang-over and hit the gogos what the policy of the hotel is to the group of girls im bringing back for the "after-party".

No problems what so ever at check in, had two of my female thai friends in company, and they got nice attitude from the reception, didint even have id-cards with them, but was with my permission let in with me so i got help unpacking my bags.

Trying it out for a month, if it doesnt work out to my needs, i will go for pasadena on LK.

Will be back with fresh info asap!

I will be able to answer with day-fresh info within a day or two. Just checked in, got very good service and nice attitude from the reception lady - contrary to when i was here checking the rooms yesterday and a male receptionist wasnt at the best of customer relations.

But due to the standard of the room (higher than any appartment or hotel i have lived in the same price class), took the biggest, and the price and in my case good location considering the things i have to do in pattaya this stay, i decided to give it a try.

I am no longer the "party all trip-guy" since i have work and studies to do here, but my addiction is new girls and 3- or 4-somes a couple of times a week at least, so it will stand clear as soon as i recover from my hang-over and hit the gogos what the policy of the hotel is to the group of girls im bringing back for the "after-party".

No problems what so ever at check in, had two of my female thai friends in company, and they got nice attitude from the reception, didint even have id-cards with them, but was with my permission let in with me so i got help unpacking my bags.

Trying it out for a month, if it doesnt work out to my needs, i will go for pasadena on LK.

Will be back with fresh info asap!

Ok thanks, will wait for your info, and how did u pay for the one month rent deposit by CC or cash?

Thinkin about staying there myself. Chokdee.gif

Time for a Dubie !!

Promised an update sooner but have been "busy", and that pretty much also answers some questions about diamond city place.

Its 110 percent "girl friendly", no problem bringing 4 girls to my room last friday and having them here for 48 hours, been bringing in 2-3 girls every night here and no problem what so ever.

Considering the price, below 30.000 bath / month - all added up (electricity, water, tax, "service", internet) (they charge 2000 bath a month for internet!!! But its fast and reliable so rather that than free garbage that dosent work when you need it the most to close a deal etc)

I didnt book, i just walked in, but this is during low season, so might be a need for reservation later on this year. Payment in cash no problem, one months rent in deposit, and monthly rent in advance.

Cleaning everyday, change of bed sheets 2 times a week. Very nice and professional cleaners, not the ordinary type that just chattering in thai and think you dont understand when they comment on (insult) you, number of empty bottles is usually a nr 1 subject of conversation in my experience ;-) Here they come 3 same time, and they work during their working-session, not messing around.

Its on good location. Not in the middle of the "devils cooking pot", but only minutes from there. Taxis everywhere. On south pattaya road all the way up to Third Road, so Tonys gym is just around the corner for the health interested.

No safe in room, but in reception, that is open 24 / 7 BUT for some reason, they refuse to give access to safebox between midnight and 9 in the morning, maybe to save customers from giving their savings to a "true love" they meet on the street nighttime ;-)

The pool is a joke, we are talking minimalistic here, but have som good spots for relaxing in the sun.

Security good, nice man but unlike most of the appartment sec i have seen, he seems to be able to clear out problems, and he DO NOT SIT AND SLEEP IN FRONT OF A TV ALL NIGHT!!! ;-)

/BCPE

Promised an update sooner but have been "busy", and that pretty much also answers some questions about diamond city place.

Its 110 percent "girl friendly", no problem bringing 4 girls to my room last friday and having them here for 48 hours, been bringing in 2-3 girls every night here and no problem what so ever.

Considering the price, below 30.000 bath / month - all added up (electricity, water, tax, "service", internet) (they charge 2000 bath a month for internet!!! But its fast and reliable so rather that than free garbage that dosent work when you need it the most to close a deal etc)

I didnt book, i just walked in, but this is during low season, so might be a need for reservation later on this year. Payment in cash no problem, one months rent in deposit, and monthly rent in advance.

Cleaning everyday, change of bed sheets 2 times a week. Very nice and professional cleaners, not the ordinary type that just chattering in thai and think you dont understand when they comment on (insult) you, number of empty bottles is usually a nr 1 subject of conversation in my experience ;-) Here they come 3 same time, and they work during their working-session, not messing around.

Its on good location. Not in the middle of the "devils cooking pot", but only minutes from there. Taxis everywhere. On south pattaya road all the way up to Third Road, so Tonys gym is just around the corner for the health interested.

No safe in room, but in reception, that is open 24 / 7 BUT for some reason, they refuse to give access to safebox between midnight and 9 in the morning, maybe to save customers from giving their savings to a "true love" they meet on the street nighttime ;-)

The pool is a joke, we are talking minimalistic here, but have som good spots for relaxing in the sun.

Security good, nice man but unlike most of the appartment sec i have seen, he seems to be able to clear out problems, and he DO NOT SIT AND SLEEP IN FRONT OF A TV ALL NIGHT!!! ;-)

/BCPE

Thanks for the update Chokdee.gif

Time for a Dubie !!

• 2 weeks later...

I am not allowed to post that kind of photos in this section of the board. Sorry.

Speak to the admin if you have complaints.

Best Regards

BCPE

By the way, the internet sucks here. Constant intrusin-attepmpts. Never had to fight so hard agains hackers.

Bad place if you want internet-privacy!!!

I am moving out tomorrow...

Edited by BCPE

• 6 months later...

Stayed at Diamond City Place per info from board member "BCPE". Thanks for all the info which was all accurate. Very clean & quiet hotel with a friendly staff, Had a Superior room for 16500 bahts for 30 days which is the monthly rate. Large room with a working kitchenette and a door to separate it from the main room which again was very clean,with a dining table and cable TV.Linen change two times a week. Electricity charge was 4100 bahts, also i checked the meter myself upon check-in & checkout.I had air con running almost all the time,super cold, and we did a fair amount of cooking with the girl staying with me. Pork chops ,steaks, fresh vegetable salads and a some Thai dishes the lady cooked up, bought from "Family Market" just a couple hundred meters down South Pattaya Road, open till 2AM. Maid does all the dishes too like "BCPE" said in his email. Laundry right next door,also many eating places,Hotel has a good restaurant in front also. Very Private entrance off the main street to hotel lobby,nobody gawking at your Barfine as u enter. Very small swimming pool just enough for u and your girl to soak a bit. All in all very good quiet hotel "good Bang for the Bahts" will be staying there again in November.

Chokdee.gif

Time for a Dubie !!

• 12 years later...

Has anyone stayed at Diamond City Place recently, if so would you recommend?

I stayed there for a month back in 2015 and it was fine then.

Last trip (2020) I stayed at The Classroom which I liked.

For my next trip I was going to rebook The Classroom but I could get a bigger room at Diamond City for less money... 

Any recent feedback welcomed!

Stayed there a few times a few years ago, nice large clean room with kitchenette in separate area, had no issues bringing back quests, there was also a place next to hotel to get breakfast.not much night lifein that area, Walking Street not to far, can get baht bus outside hotel, friendship supermarket near, and also can walk to soi 22 and can get baht bus to soi baukow, Tuc com is walking distance also, good market near by to by fresh fruit.Would recommended on previous stays.