IGNORED

Cherry's Restaurant 3rd Road

We went to the new Cherry's Restaurant the other day to celebrate my Birthday....

I fancied something different.

I was very surprised with the new premises, a million percent better than their last place,,It now has two entrances, one on 3rd Road and another one down the side turning.

The place is right opposite Xite Disco.

Everything was perfect,food,wine,salad,service,atmosphere,ETC..ETC...

So when it came to paying the bill, it was worth every penny,,

so I paid the bill and was expecting about 160 baht change,

When I received that money I would have left a very nice tip but SHOCK OF SHOCKS the cashier decided to keep the change,

So we waited about 20 minutes with everybody ignoring us until I caught on of the waiters eyes and I told him what had happened and he went and retrieved my lost change. and said sorry and pointed with his head to the casher.

Of course I was a bit pissed off as I don't like these BAR-CASHER tactics where they decide it's their right if they keep your money,It's not their money until I give it to them as a tip.

On the way out I looked over at the Casher expecting a "wai" or a "sorry" as people do make mistakes but she just glared at me in a "pug like" way.

It's a SHAME "this tactic" spoilt such a beautiful evening.

Cheers Cartoonman.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have eaten there many times and this has never happened to me but don't doubt you.

Try an email to the owner, I am sure its available somewhere.

Funnily enough I preferred the old premises (they are still there and I believe they will all be joined up soon) it was smaller but more intimate.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Perhaps she misinterpreted one of your post cards ? and thought all farangs tipped :)

• 5 months later...

That is a real shame, I must have eaten there about 40 times now and that has never happened, i am sure if the owner found out she would be on her heels as the all round service there makes it a big favourite of mine

Becoming all to common practice. Don't tip unless you get good service is my motto. Now only frequent places which give good service and if not don't return or tip.

Daryle

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I wholeheartedly recommend Cherrys. Nice ambiance, clean, quiet, tasteful background music played at the 'proper' volume. The 'all you can eat seafood and steak' is fantastic. All properly cooked to order. Great selection of premium meat and seafood.

One minor issue, but it's not limited to Cherrys, and that is that I get the feeling the place is overstaffed. I don't know about you but I don't care for the kind of situation where there are so many people on duty that they have nothing better to do than to stand around and watch customers eat....or listen to the customers conversations. I really don't appreciate someone 'hovering over me' as I try to eat.

Worth noting;

To their credit I've found the restrooms are always tidy and well maintained with Liquid soap and paper towels.

As ONE of my standards I tend to judge a restaurant by my impression of their restrooms. I figure if the restrooms are 'in order' then it's highly likely the kitchen is 'in order' as well.

No, I don't always check the restrooms of restaurants I happen to patronize, but if I do happen to use their restroom facilities and they are in proper order then I feel much better about dining there, and will probably do so again and again....as I do with Cherrys.

I have been to cherrys many times it's always been spot on,food,service etc .... but your quite right ,keeping your change is a bit naughty to say the least...........

• 3 weeks later...

Always Liked the place, even like the smaller one they had before they moved..... I bet now based on the economy, they wished they stayed at the smaller one...

I always get the parmesan cheese soup MMMM MMMMM good. The fish is always good, the Pork stuffed with apples is spot on, even the steaks (for the Money) are very good...

And I just love the chocolate Mousse...

I try and visit there at least once or twice a week when I am in town. Has not let me down yet

Strange.. You probably got a bad day from a staff... I love that restaurant, Very good foods.. Few doors away. WI are very good.. Exactly same menu as cherrys.. I think Cherry used to own WI and they move to bigger reastaurant...

• 1 month later...

Is Cherry's the sort of restaurant where you can go in alone or is it a couples or group party place? I usually tend to eat dinner quite early in the evening (around 5 or 6ish) when most of my pals are sleeping off the afternoon drinking session, meaning I often eat on my ownsome. I'd love to give Cherry's a go but don't want to look like a spare part.

<p>