IGNORED

Sandy Spring Hotel

garyibiza

Hi, just saw this hotel and wanted to know if anyone has stayed here - any info would be much appreciated as this is our first time in Pattaya and it is a nightmare trying to decide where to stay. Any other recommendations in the same price range - 1000-1500 baht tops. Also, which shopping plaza would you recommend ?? Tks for all your help.

I took a look when I was walking around, but we didn't like the way the room looked

so we didn't write it down as a place we would ever stay at.

aki

Hi, just saw this hotel and wanted to know if anyone has stayed here - any info would be much appreciated as this is our first time in Pattaya and it is a nightmare trying to decide where to stay. Any other recommendations in the same price range - 1000-1500 baht tops. Also, which shopping plaza would you recommend ?? Tks for all your help.

never heard a bad word about the sandy spring, thats why i booked there for my nov. trip.

mike shopping mall just up the road.

I've not stayed there for over a year but it always used to be very good. Search the forum, there are already a few topics here on Sandy Spring.

Really good no hassle hotel, giant rooms, hot water, big beds, nice staff.

Just gone up to 1600 bht for the deluxe room-the view is worth the extra couple of hundred.

Only down side no in room safe-free behind reception.

See you in November

• 3 weeks later...

Due to the Renaisance's 40% off not continuing till oct ive been looking further afield...and the Sandy seems to fit the bill...just a couple of questions my amigos.

Firstly do the deluxe rooms all have balconies??

Do the rooms have safes instaled yet...and if not what is security like...ie,do they ring up when the girl leaves ???

And finnaly(even thou it might not affect all,i am a vampire,and tend to spend the days preparing the body and mind for the night)..what is "cable programming" for the tvs??...is there a decent range of english tv chans etc??

Thankx for any help here fellas...Mercutio

Due to the Renaisance's 40% off not continuing till oct ive been looking further afield...and the Sandy seems to fit the bill...just a couple of questions my amigos.

Firstly do the deluxe rooms all have balconies??

Do the rooms have safes instaled yet...and if not what is security like...ie,do they ring up when the girl leaves ???

And finnaly(even thou it might not affect all,i am a vampire,and tend to spend the days preparing the body and mind for the night)..what is "cable programming" for the tvs??...is there a decent range of english tv chans etc??

Thankx for any help here fellas...Mercutio

Not stayed there recently so I can only help you with the balcony question. The only rooms without balconies are the Beach Rd facing rooms on the 2nd & 3rd floors. All deluxe rooms have balconies.

sandy springs is a really nice hotel in a great location.

best thing i find about it is the beds. very comfortable.

I always stay there, the lockboxes at the front desk are not as convenient as an in room safe, but I have never had any problems. Outstanding staff (the only bummer is that my favorite day desk clerk just moved to the new hotel they built on soi 2 or soi 3).

They have never called up when a girl leaves. There are always girls coming in and leaving. They will take the girls ID if you walk over to the desk when you come in, but if you are with someone you know you can just walk in with her.

My guess is if you asked them to call up when a girl comes down to get her ID they would do it. (I know it is safer that way).

I usually stay in a nicer hotel in Bangkok, but Sandy Springs has become a favorite place.

I do wish the beds were a little softer. Not a lot of english speaking channels, just a few.

It is in a great location, basically in the middle of the baht bus run. Easy walk to the new mall, easy walk to royal garden mall, and hop on the baht bus to big c.