IGNORED

Admiral Suites

Chief

I did a search and did not see much info about the Admiral Suites Serviced Apartments. I just stayed there from 20 - 25 Jul 08 and have stayed there many times over the last 5 years. Overall I enjoy this place every time I stay there. The rooms are clean, well appointed, and large enough to feel comfortable/cozy. The rooms come with a full sized (and empty) refrig, small kitchen area, full sized safe (you could store a small laptop in it), internet (dsl), and small gym/pool. You can also use the Capital Hotel's gym on soi 24 (huge full sized gym) for free, just get a pass slip from the front desk. Never any problems taking your lady (or ladies) to your room. They will keep IDs if you want or not...up to you. There are several restaurants on the ground floor of this building. Breakfast is free at the Parrot Cafe....never tried the breakfast there though, but the Thai food is good.

It is further down soi 22, close to the Queen Park hotel. Walking to Sukhumwit is not a problem though but I would normal cut through the Queen Park hotel then walk through the little park next to the Emporium Mall to get to the Phrom Phong BTS station there. Soi 22 is a vibrant soi with many restaurants, beer bars, clubs and other attractions. Many nights I just stayed on soi 22, went to restaurant there, spent the night at the beer bars and took soi 22 lady back to the room. Good fun. Plus, it is not to far from the Dubliner, Irish Pub (love that place). If you are healthy walking to Soi Cowboy is doable.

The price is not bad for the value.

Admiral Suites

"To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished." Quoted from Proudhon.

I did a search and did not see much info about the Admiral Suites Serviced Apartments. I just stayed there from 20 - 25 Jul 08 and have stayed there many times over the last 5 years. Overall I enjoy this place every time I stay there. The rooms are clean, well appointed, and large enough to feel comfortable/cozy. The rooms come with a full sized (and empty) refrig, small kitchen area, full sized safe (you could store a small laptop in it), internet (dsl), and small gym/pool. You can also use the Capital Hotel's gym on soi 24 (huge full sized gym) for free, just get a pass slip from the front desk. Never any problems taking your lady (or ladies) to your room. They will keep IDs if you want or not...up to you. There are several restaurants on the ground floor of this building. Breakfast is free at the Parrot Cafe....never tried the breakfast there though, but the Thai food is good.

It is further down soi 22, close to the Queen Park Hotel. Walking to Sukhumwit is not a problem though but I would normal cut through the Queen Park Hotel then walk through the little park next to the Emporium Mall to get to the Phrom Phong BTS station there. Soi 22 is a vibrant soi with many restaurants, beer bars, clubs and other attractions. Many nights I just stayed on soi 22, went to restaurant there, spent the night at the beer bars and took soi 22 lady back to the room. Good fun. Plus, it is not to far from the Dubliner, Irish Pub (love that place). If you are healthy walking to Soi Cowboy is doable.

The price is not bad for the value.

Admiral Suites

I have stayed there also. it is a little far to walk to Sukhumwit in the heat or rain, and the prices are O.K. (Not great).

Overall, I found it to be just O.K.

Yes, I agree it is far from Sukhumwit for some. That is way I like to cut through the Queen Park hotel shortens the trip by half to the BTS. I would not try to make the walk in the rain, there are always taxis on soi 22. There are cheaper places but I feel there are more positives then negatives with this place so I normally stay here, but am always looking for new hotels/serviced apartments to try.

Edited by Chief

"To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished." Quoted from Proudhon.

thanks for the info.

I'll check out what the rooms look like if I am in the

area next time around.

aki

You can get some good internet rates in this one, but their walk in rates are not competitive. Inclusive breakfast in the coffee shop downstairs not a patch on some other good value hotels. Pool is small.

However, rooms are large & well approinted. Aircond is excellent. Seems GF but I had a steady, so don't know for sure.

Little way down the Soi, but as one BM suggested a short cut through Imperial QP saves some time.

Good if you like Soi 22 QP Plaza, Washington Sq etc.

Not bad, not terrific though.

Liam

• 3 years later...

I also stayed some nights in this place, and the lady at the front desk asked very surprised: "you already going to sleep alone?", because I arrived alone around 23:30. I do not think she meant that SHE was interested to go upstairs with me, but I think it was honest information request from her (this is not good English, but i hope you know what I mean). I went to Nana around 0:00 and came only to change clothes, so her surprized look the first time was made up the second time I entered around 02:00.

All in all a nice place to stay. It is possible to walk here, but it is not very close to Cowboy. I walk always a lot, so no problem for me. The rooms are big, Wifi is free, and the room costed me 1500 baht a night. I don't think this is bad value.

If you're gonna hang at SC, stay at the other Admiral - the Admiral Premier on 23. That place rocks ! Decent prices if you book direct. Long way from Suk though. wj