Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Where Can I Convert Vcr Family Movies Into Dvd's In Pattaya ?

how122255

Hello, I have many old family movies on VCR tapes. Is there somewhere in Pattaya where I could convert them into DVD's or put them on a memory stick ? Is there some other option to save them before VCR's are history ?

This tapes were all recorded in the USA about 15-20 years old. I tried them a few months ago when I was back in the USA and they all worked. I wanted to know if I get a friend who is coming to Pattaya next week to bring them, will I be able to get them converted to DVD or something digital. Thanks

You'd be better of trying to convert them in the US, I'm not a VCR converting expert but I do know if the VCR tapes were recorded in the  NTSC format (used in the USA) you will need a VCR player that plays the NTSC format, that's where you will run into problems, it's hard enough to find a VCR player in Patts and even harder to find a NTSC video player, here in Thailand they use/used the PAL format.

Visit a thrift store in the US to find a NTSC video player, hook it up to your computer and get find some converting software.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/transfer-vhs-tapes-to-your-computer/

You'd be better of trying to convert them in the US, I'm not a VCR converting expert but I do know if the VCR tapes were recorded in the  NTSC format (used in the USA) you will need a VCR player that plays the NTSC format, that's where you will run into problems, it's hard enough to find a VCR player in Patts and even harder to find a NTSC video player, here in Thailand they use/used the PAL format.

Visit a thrift store in the US to find a NTSC video player, hook it up to your computer and get find some converting software.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/transfer-vhs-tapes-to-your-computer/

Thanks !!! Great info...I think that will work next time I'm in the USA. Thanks again.

What I did with my old VHS tapes was to hack a Sony Digital8 camcorder to enable it's video input, then I recorded the VHS tapes on Digital8 tapes on the camcorder.

Once this was done, I connected the camcorder to a laptop with firewire and imported the video on the laptop as video files, then converted them into H264 format. Results are very good.

What I did with my old VHS tapes was to hack a Sony Digital8 camcorder to enable it's video input, then I recorded the VHS tapes on Digital8 tapes on the camcorder.

Once this was done, I connected the camcorder to a laptop with firewire and imported the video on the laptop as video files, then converted them into H264 format. Results are very good.

Thanks...I pass that along to my son who is much more computer literate then me...Thank you.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I had a thread about 1.5 years ago where I am trying to convert some old small VCR tapes to some kind of digital or something that I could store on a hard drive...My son who is visiting just brought me the tapes but he forgot to bring the tape adapter...These are small VCR tapes that went into a VCR camera...You then would take the small tapes out of the camera and drop it into this adapter to make the tapes the standard VCR size and would play on any VCR, but he forgot to bring the adapter...I don't know if anyone would have any suggestions or know of any Pattaya shop that might do this and have that adapter also...Thanks for any help...

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know of a shop in Pattaya that could convert these VCR/VHS tapes to a digital format ? Thanks

Archived