IGNORED

Swearing an oath by Buddha

If a Thai girl was to swear an oath by Buddha, how sacred and binding would it be for her, or would she just ignore the oath when it suited her.

If there's money involved Buddha oaths are not that important anymore .  

I have a feeling that swearing to Buddha would be conveniently bypassed if the Thai thought it was better to do so.

A Thai will willingly lie to your face if they consider that telling you the truth would a) cause loss of face, or b) hurt you more.  It conveniently follows the precept that your actions should not cause any harm, thus making telling a massive lie quite OK because that's what Buddha would want..

If you follow that logic, then an oath under Buddha can be broken if the Thai needs to follow the precept of 'no harm'.  Buddha of course will understand and forgive this......

Of course, that's only my interpretation of a situation.  I think most folks would tell you that with Thailand you really only trust what you can see, because as a foreigner you're pretty low on the pecking order and the 'normal' rules don't usually apply to you.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

I have a feeling that swearing to Buddha would be conveniently bypassed if the Thai thought it was better to do so.

A Thai will willingly lie to your face if they consider that telling you the truth would a) cause loss of face, or b) hurt you more.  It conveniently follows the precept that your actions should not cause any harm, thus making telling a massive lie quite OK because that's what Buddha would want..

If you follow that logic, then an oath under Buddha can be broken if the Thai needs to follow the precept of 'no harm'.  Buddha of course will understand and forgive this......

Of course, that's only my interpretation of a situation.  I think most folks would tell you that with Thailand you really only trust what you can see, because as a foreigner you're pretty low on the pecking order and the 'normal' rules don't usually apply to you.

Cheers

Perthie

Thanks Perthie,

I appreciate your opinion.

Gazzer1956

I used to know a Mamasang that got the girls to swear to Buddha to tell the truth.

They all lied and thought the Mamasang was a bit strange.

She pretended to hear children's voices and be possessed by spirits too.

See you at Le Pub, soi Diamond.

Le Pub Facebook Page

Le Pub YouTube Channel

Buddha isn't a god as such he is more of a teacher, some would probably take an oath seriously but I doubt most would lose sleep over it

Buddha isn't a god as such he is more of a teacher, some would probably take an oath seriously but I doubt most would lose sleep over it

A good point Shocker, the Buddha was indeed a teacher and not a Diety as you say.

I suppose that means we come back the individual TG's attitude and integrity.

Gazzer1956

That is the case, however 'Buddhism' has turned into a religion with divine and monetizable propertys

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

That is the case, however 'Buddhism' has turned into a religion with divine and monetizable propertys

Makes you wonder what would the Buddha think of this?

Makes you wonder what would the Buddha think of this?

He'd probably think the same things JC would think if he was to take a look around today.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

If a Thai girl was to swear an oath by Buddha, how sacred and binding would it be for her, or would she just ignore the oath when it suited her.

This is difficult I have seen the last post and most of what has been said is correct however if she will not say it on oath then she is lying if she will then you need to consider here reasons true or not !!!!!!!!.

Ask her  say on the oath of buddha ( in a temple ) that her mother and father will die if she lies, even the most hardened BG will not do this if not true.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Archived