IGNORED

Cambodia~Thailand overland w/ 2 month visa? Possible?

likethaigirls

I want to get a 2 month tourist visa, then enter Thailand from Cambodia by bus. Is this possible? I have heard that when entering Thailand by land, only a 15 day visa is granted?

What are the facts?

Thanks

If you get a tourist visa in the Thai embassy in Phnom Penh you can enter over land

and get 60 days . You can't get a visa at the border and will only get 15/30 days . 

If you get a tourist visa in the Thai embassy in Phnom Penh you can enter over land

and get 60 days . You can't get a visa at the border and will only get 15/30 days .

thanks, Jerry!

I believe you are mixing up the tourist visa (60 days, that you get from a Thai embassy or consulate before coming to the Kingdom) with the visa exemption stamp (15 days by land, 30 days by air) you can get by just showing up at the border or airport, depending on your nationality.

If you get the tourist visa, you have 60 days after arriving. Ground or air doesn't matter, same same.

If you obtain a proper tourist visa from a consulate before entering Thailand, by either land or air, you will be entitled to stay in Thailand for 60 continuous days. You can extend that by a further 30 without leaving the country, at an immigration office

fly in , get 30 days visa exempt

extend in country for 1,900 for another 30 days

Archived