IGNORED

What is this all about?

rahuljoshi

Anything to worry about?

Nope!!

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Colonel Suppatee Boonkrong, acting head of Pattaya City Police, told the Bangkok Post he was aiming to totally eradicate street prostitution. "I want to completely change the image of Pattaya from being sin city to a friendly town that everyone can enjoy," he said.

Really ? Are they serious ?

:Finger5:

What did they do exactly to be arrested ?

It appears to be being a ladyboy on Walking Street apparently looking for customers.

It's odd as the 'crackdown' was supposedly on 'sex tourism' but there are very few photos of real women being arrested. It appears that the tourist police walking between the bars in one of the photos had problems identifying sex workers...lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 4 weeks later...

Theres a red-light district in Pattaya? :Think1:

However that photo of the ladyboys sat in Patts police station is one of the funniest ive seen in a long time! :7of10Score:

I think we need another coup. This government is costing their country millions.

They often fine them 200 baht and then they are out from police station within 20 minutes in the same place again.  The girl from Laos will likely be thrown out.

I'm sure that they only target ladyboys as they cause the most crime and most take drugs IMO.

Jesus Christ they're bloody good photos, how the hell did he manage to get pics that good?

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

I didn't realise there was a red light district in Pattaya - I just thought it was Pattaya.

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

From the article, it seems more like a targeted crackdown on LBs rather than on general FLs.

Personally, I wouldn't cry if every LB disappeared from the streets tomorrow. A few I have spoken to are lovely people, but the majority just seem to attract trouble. Whenever there are stories of fights, thefts, pickpocketing, yaba etc etc, LBs sadly seem to crop up in the stories with disturbing frequency.

A hardcore of them, together with timeshare touts and Indian tailors, seem determined to 'prey' upon customers rather than sell themselves in a positive way. The scarcity of dedicated ladyboy bars also speaks volumes. I suspect that the vast majority of the population has no sober wish to engage with an LB (or certainly no wish to be SEEN engaging with them!). Although maybe LBs are like 50cc mopeds ....fun to ride until your mates see you!

What also really winds me up is that LBs seem to think it's ok to grab a farang's hand in the street (or worse still, grab his dick through his clothes). This demonstrates their fundamental lack of respect. I'm sure that if anyone not considered a potential customer did the same to them, they would probably end up with a knife or glass in their face.

Damn it, you guys always push my 'rant' button! :Rant1:

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

Colonel Suppatee Boonkrong, acting head of Pattaya City Police, told the Bangkok Post he was aiming to totally eradicate street prostitution. "I want to completely change the image of Pattaya from being sin city to a friendly town that everyone can enjoy," he said.

Really ? Are they serious ?

They are not. Pattaya is built on sex tourism and to eradicate it would be a disaster for the city. They must do something to maintain appearances, and this is part of that something.

The manager of Sisters, a health counselling centre for transgendered people, told the Bangkok Post that police were targeting ladyboy sex workers. But Colonel Boonkrong claimed: "We are arresting anyone for whom we have evidence of trying to trade sex for money. [Transsexual women] happen to be the majority of people we arrest."

What is written between the lines here is: "We arrest any prostitutes we think may be guilty of other crimes than just prostitution". ladyboys are obvious targets because they have a bad reputation.

Jesus Christ they're bloody good photos, how the hell did he manage to get pics that good?

They're all attributed to Getty. And Getty must have gotten them with the police's permission.

There was a vid getting around on YouTube of Miller stopping a guy from taking pics of tourist police in WS. So how does this photographer get access and permission to cover the tourist police and anyone else who pulls out a camera gets threatened by those goons?

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

According to the many official reports prostitution have not been found from Pattaya. However, every now and then this kind pieces of news comes to the public. Just "business as usual" in Pattaya and nothing related to coup or anything at least in my opinion. Nothing to worry about.

Archived