IGNORED

What's the deal with tourist visas now again?

PattayaLoverz

So i have 4 double entry tourist visas in my passport since april 2013 and after each 60 days i have extended my stay for 30 days and then done a border run  to use my second entry in the visa or new tourist visa from Savannakhet (whichever was next). So basicly i have been continuosly inside Thailand since april 2013 excluding the one day and night i have stayed at Savannakhet (once at Vientiane) getting a new double entry tourist visa.

My plan is to stay in Thailand until end of april 2015 and then travel back to that fucking god awful shithole country called Sweden but before that i need to get one last double entry tourist visa which i'll get from the same place as usual: Savannakhet.

I have to leave Thailand again latest on november 2nd. So my question is: will there be any issues entering Thailand again due to the new rules?

Or would it be "easier" to just.. erhm... "lose" my passport, get new passport at embassy, visit whatever places in Bangkok i have to to fix the missing departure card (TM6) and so on and then go to Savannakhet? Small issue is also that i only have 9 blank pages left in my passport.

Hmmm... losing your passport so all the pages are blank... I would heavily look into what happens when you ask for a new one and make sure there isn't some unintended consequence.

Otherwise perhaps that is a OK idea?

With or without a new passport, they probably have a record of all your entries and exits when they take your picture and scan your new passport upon entry.

And in USA when you report lost or stolen passport, you're entered onto a list where if it happens again you just don't get another!

With or without a new passport, they probably have a record of all your entries and exits when they take your picture and scan your new passport upon entry.

And in USA when you report lost or stolen passport, you're entered onto a list where if it happens again you just don't get another!

Not like that in Sweden and that's the main reason why swedish passports are so "popularly" sold for human trafficking.

So i have 4 double entry tourist visas in my passport since april 2013 and after each 60 days i have extended my stay for 30 days and then done a border run  to use my second entry in the visa or new tourist visa from Savannakhet (whichever was next). So basicly i have been continuosly inside Thailand since april 2013 excluding the one day and night i have stayed at Savannakhet (once at Vientiane) getting a new double entry tourist visa.

My plan is to stay in Thailand until end of april 2015 and then travel back to that fucking god awful shithole country called Sweden but before that i need to get one last double entry tourist visa which i'll get from the same place as usual: Savannakhet.

I have to leave Thailand again latest on november 2nd. So my question is: will there be any issues entering Thailand again due to the new rules?

Or would it be "easier" to just.. erhm... "lose" my passport, get new passport at embassy, visit whatever places in Bangkok i have to to fix the missing departure card (TM6) and so on and then go to Savannakhet? Small issue is also that i only have 9 blank pages left in my passport.

Unfortunately for you, this is exactly the type of behavior that the new Immigration regulations are targeting - people using back to back tourist visas and extensions to bypass getting a 'proper' visa (work, education, retirement, whatever). Read up on the threads posted in this section over the last six months discussing these reasons for the new rules.  :Think1:

After doing this for 18 months, I personally wouldn't bet on being allowed back in if I were you.  :unsure:  Maybe you'll get lucky, certainly I don't know (but would assume) that the Savannakhet immigrations station is hooked into whatever database they use to track arrivals and departures.  You have noticed that they scan your passport and enter data into their computer when you transit, right?  So even if you 'lost' your current passport, your previous transits will be in their database under your name/date and place of birth/nationality/photo/physical description; which would match your 'new' passport and pop up when it gets scanned. Double unlucky for you if you have a biometric passport with the datachip, the Thai immigrations officer won't even have to type in your name to see all your previous extending and visa-running activity.

Or would it be "easier" to just.. erhm... "lose" my passport, get new passport at embassy, ...

No need to fake a loss of passport.

Just go to your country's authorities and apply for a new one and have the old properly canceled. 

I have done this on two occasions (DK) and one was only a couple of years old.

Whether this will help you in your overall plans, I do not know.

Unfortunately for you, this is exactly the type of behavior that the new Immigration regulations are targeting - people using back to back tourist visas and extensions to bypass getting a 'proper' visa (work, education, retirement, whatever). 

Agree.  OP, it's time to work on getting a visa that will allow you to stay long term without the fear of being turned away at the border.

Trying to figure out all the immigrations laws/regulations is a pain in the ass...

Issue is that i have money to live with in Thailand but i can't actually get any kind of proof that i have this money (you can use your imagination why). And i have also managed to creampie my ex-wife atleast twice which means i have two children with her and they have both thai and swedish citizenships and they are in tabien baan (house book).

After reading dozens and dozens of threads on thaivisa.com i read that "you" (as in me) could get a single entry non-immigration visa because of children living in Thailand and i would NOT have to show any kind of financial statements and so on. Just documents regarding my children, house book and so on and this visa would give me 90 days at the border and that visa could later be extended for 60 days at your local immigration office.

Trying to figure out all the immigrations laws/regulations is a pain in the ass...

Issue is that i have money to live with in Thailand but i can't actually get any kind of proof that i have this money (you can use your imagination why). And i have also managed to creampie my ex-wife atleast twice which means i have two children with her and they have both thai and swedish citizenships and they are in tabien baan (house book).

After reading dozens and dozens of threads on thaivisa.com i read that "you" (as in me) could get a single entry non-immigration visa because of children living in Thailand and i would NOT have to show any kind of financial statements and so on. Just documents regarding my children, house book and so on and this visa would give me 90 days at the border and that visa could later be extended for 60 days at your local immigration office.

I'm not a Thai visa expert but to me it sounds like the easiest visa to get in your situation is a ED visa, you are in Thailand till 2 Nov, visit a Thai language school and ask about getting a ED visa, then you are good for one year, no bank statements, no birth certificates, no house book copies.

good luck

Archived