IGNORED

Up to Date Map and Reviews of Darkside Bars

forcebwithu

I see them sometime on the the soi Siam Country Club (just before the thai food market), just before the Mac Bar or just after the Pussy Club on soi Nongpruewan but... they don't check for alcohol ? Maybe Soi Kao Noi or Kao Talo ?

My friend and I got stopped on the same soi as Mac bar a while back around 8 or 9 pm, they didn't ask us about alcohol they checked our motorbikes to see if we were carrying drugs  and checked the photocopy of my bike's green book, and ask us some basic questions; where you from? do you have drugs? (I said no, you can check my pockets if you want, they didn't)

Mac bar ... they checked our motorbikes to see if we were carrying drugs  and checked the photocopy of my bike's green book, and ask us some basic questions...

I had exactly the same experience at that location (Mac Bar).

Untill now there are not any DUI checkpoint on soir Siam CC & Soi Nongpruewan, that's why I would like to know what about Soi Kao Noi & Soi Kao Talo ?

PS:

- I really would like to know what's happen around the Golden Bar beteween soi Nongpruewan and soi Kao Noi. When they set up their check point, this one is huge ! Do they still only check drug and guns ?

- 17th november there will be a big party in the bar closed to the golden bar (I forgot the name..) with naked girls etc...

There's a police station about half way up the hill on the left on Soi Khao Talo. They regularly set up there, and I know from personal experience they are checking to see if you're over the limit. Fortunately in my case I was well below the limit. Odd thing though is I passed through the checkpoint Saturday night, heading downhill, and they were only checking those going up the hill.

Untill now there are not any DUI checkpoint on soir Siam CC & Soi Nongpruewan, that's why I would like to know what about Soi Kao Noi & Soi Kao Talo ?

PS:

- I really would like to know what's happen around the Golden Bar beteween soi Nongpruewan and soi Kao Noi. When they set up their check point, this one is huge ! Do they still only check drug and guns ?

- 17th november there will be a big party in the bar closed to the golden bar (I forgot the name..) with naked girls etc...

A huge new police station just opened up just off SSCC on a small soi just behind the Venue Bar, I'm guessing it's for the new motorway being built.

Where is Golden Bar?  I know Golden Flower but not Golden.

There's a police station about half way up the hill on the left on Soi Khao Talo. They regularly set up there, and I know from personal experience they are checking to see if you're over the limit. Fortunately in my case I was well below the limit. Odd thing though is I passed through the checkpoint Saturday night, heading downhill, and they were only checking those going up the hill.

There's also a small police box around the middle of Nern Plab Wan near the Muslim school, they'll sometimes do DUI checks there. 

On Soi Khao Talo Aew restaurant has closed; never seen customers there.

Also on Soi Khao Talo Blue Sea something has been closed for about a week.

PS:

think thats the dusk till dawn bar 

Edited by maliminer

Full moon bar 2 looks ready  to open opposite the now closed Blue  Sea Angles on Khao Talo. Bars near there are Poison.See how long it lasts. 

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

I haven't seen many road blocks, I got breathalysed the other day on the local road, but have heard of so many getting caught, I did see a lot more blocks over here a few years ago, outside paradise hill 2 was a regular, also by macs bar and yes on soi siam by market. and I never got stopped then, but I see a lot more cop bikes with 2 on crusing around at night, never used to see that, I may be over reacting but I just I just don't wanna take the risk not that I drink much anyway, 4 bottles max, and very rare now, but 4 is still over the limit. ps I don't mean big bottles either,lol

Anyone know what's going on between the Kik and Pacha bars?  I see construction going on but don't know the desired outcome.

Anyone know what's going on between the Kik and Pacha bars?  I see construction going on but don't know the desired outcome.

Pool room at Kik  bar gone.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

On Soi Khao Talo, left of Balloon Bar, a small bar is surviving already several months: Harry's Bar.

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed last night Samorn Bar closed their original location and now runs solely out of their new location across the road.

It looks like on Soi Kao Noi, opposite the Black Sheep Bar has become a favourite spot for the Police evening check points. Also the entrance to Paradise Hill 2 provides a very convenient and popular chackpoint area. I have seen an increase of Police activity in the DS this past few months. Not certain if it will be maintained. I try to be back at base before 9.00pm sp as tpo reduce risk.   

On Soi Khao Talo, left of Balloon Bar, a small bar is surviving already several months: Harry's Bar.

Harry is ok but the slag cashier is a grass.

... has become a favourite spot for the Police evening check points..

Those checks are not DUI checks (only drug & weapons).

But during the new year eve festivities, there might be DUI check everywhere, even in the darkside !

2-3 beers and you're done... better to not drink & drive until 5th january (and not only for DUI but for your safety, there will be a lot of drunk drivers).

Noticed last night Samorn Bar closed their original location and now runs solely out of their new location across the road.

I spoke with the falang owner about the move, he said the land owners kept raising the rent and he'd had enough of it. 

I spoke with the falang owner about the move, he said the land owners kept raising the rent and he'd had enough of it. 

Good that he had an alternative location so close to the old. The lighting in the new place is a bit too bright for a bar, but ok for the restaurant side of the business.

• 2 weeks later...

As a fun side project I’ve put together a map of the Darkside bars in Google Earth and Google Maps format. The location data is also available for downloading to sat/nav systems and in raw format via Google Sheets.

Click on the Changes tab in Google Sheets to see a list of the recent changes.

Here are links to each format:

Google Maps

Google Earth File To view you will need the Google Earth app on your computer. Also, best format for viewing on a smartphone. Once downloaded and opened in Google Earth you should see the date the file was last updated. Right clicking on the folder properties you'll also see in the description area a list of changes since the last update was published.

GPS xXchange Format (s/b able to import this file into any Sat/Nav system)

For those that would like the raw lat/long data.

Google Sheets (lat/long data for each bar)

Clicking the waypoints in Google Maps or Google Earth will display a photo of the respective bar.

If you know of new/renamed or closed bars, let me know so I can update the maps. If you can provide the GPS location and a pic, even better.

List of Darkside bars currently included on the map:

U are absolutely fantastic!

Thx alot all your work, and for sharing...

:CatDance1: :CatDance1: :CatDance1:

• Like 1

Don't ask what the Thai girl can do for you!

Ask yourself what you can do for the Thai girl! 

(Sent from my ashole, using crapatalk…)

Does Joy Joy Bar on Soi Siam Country Club still exist?

Joy Joy still there and open, but the road construction is really hurting businesses in that area,

Yesterday Stumble Inn on Soi Nern Plab Wahn was dark.

I was in Stumble 2 days ago and know the owner well, maybe just a day off,

soi siam cc road is a f******* disaster zone and looks like it will be for a long time yet, and they have built it up about 1metre in the middle ,, with dirt , so when it rains all nthe dirt will wash away and the road will be screwed again also all the shops either side of the road will be flooded,  only in Thailand, jeez