IGNORED

Purchasing an inexpensive smartphone in Pattaya

localguy

Looking for suggestions on buying a cheap smartphone in Pattaya.

What would it cost at tukcom? Better yet, any recommendations on the prepaid phones offered by the big carriers?

Thanks in advance for any knowledgeable replies.

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

IMO the best value smart phone is the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2. 5.25 in. screen, dual SIM, fast enough for most purposes. You can buy for 9,900 baht in most stores now 7,700 with Lazada. I would tend to avoid Tuk Com.

Thanks, but I'm talking about smartphones for less than 3000 THB that I don't mind losing. Surely that must exist in Thailand?

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

I've been looking at this recently. Some of the better spec'ed cheap android phones don't appear to be available in Thailand. Samsung has 1 or 2 android phones in the 3000 baht range. Specs looked poor, so I am not sure if it really is a usable device. You can buy at Samsung store in central festival or at Big C on Pattaya Klang, if you care about warranty. Both stores had same prices for phones I looked at. Talking to a bargirl, she got her Samsung phone from tukcom for slightly cheaper price than what I saw at the stores mentioned above. I'll probably get a 4500 baht samsung model, Galaxy S Duos 2, that might or might not be good enough for what I want.

Tukcom is a nightmare these days with the constant hassle from the phone vendors, Powerbuy in Festival beach  has a massive range of all prices, and you can browse as long as you like without being pested, prices are very little difference

The phones at AIS look like a good deal. Am I correct, no contract required?

1690 baht for 3.5 inch phone: http://www.ais.co.th/quality_device/en/device/72/AIS%20LAVA%203.5%22

2390 baht for 4 inch phone: http://www.ais.co.th/quality_device/en/device/73/AIS%20LAVA%204.0%22

Both phones dual Sim and Andriod 4.2.2. 

They are having a sale of these in Tuk.Com for the next couple of days 2,499 baht

They are dual sim as well

My mate has the 5 and raves over it

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

• 2 months later...

imobile phones in tescos on sukky.

Cheap - powerful (Quad core processor) decent camera under 2000 baht

My girlfriend just got the AIS package with the AIS LAVA G4.0" for 2500 at Tucom.  I comes with 2400 minutes that have to be used in a month.  I seems to be a good phone with a clear display, good storage, good battery life.  She is very happy with it.

• 5 weeks later...

7-11 were/are selling new phone smartphone packages instore based upon the "True" network, pricing from THB2500 - THB7000 if my memory serves, beauty is they are everywhere so easy to look.

I also find Tukcom a bit of a disappointment -  too many copies and poor service (indifferent at best), prefer to look in the big supermarkets.

Paulrob, I agree with you. I trust the bigger chains much more (7-11 included) than the little shops in Tukcom. Tukcom is too much of a bazaar - sellers will charge whatever they can, and I pity the less than knowledgeable buyer. I saw plenty of phones with one set of specs on the box (such as memory), and different numbers once you turned on the phone and looked in the right place.

I can also recommend the AIS shop in Central Festival (close to McDonald's beach side). The staff is helpful, and there is a separate queue (wait for your number to be called) for falangs.

Had a look at the smartphones for a friend at 7-11 not bad at all decent specs good looking phones as well

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Archived