Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Maximising & repeating Tourist Visa - is this viable?

Kane137

Hi. I'm wondering whether the following is possible. I am working off memory here & I gather some rules have changed, so please correct me if I've got anything wrong. This is all theoretical..

1) For the first time ever, I obtain a double entry Thailand Tourist Visa using my British passport from within England. The final "enter by date" is 180 days from the issue date

Question A: I know it's 180 days for a triple entry, is it also 180 for a double?

2) I fly out to Thailand within days of the Visa being granted. My first entry allows me to stay 60 continuous days. I then extend that for a further 30 days at a local immigration office.

3) A day or two before my first entry visa is about to expire, I fly out to India (for which I already have a multi-entry 5 year visa, each entry allows me to stay for 6-months continuously). 

4) I stay in India until a day or two before my "enter by date" on my existing double entry Thailand visa is about to expire, and return to Thailand (meaning I'd have stayed in India for just under 3 months).

5) Upon entering Thailand my second entry is triggered and I'm granted to stay for 60 continuous days. Towards the end of those 60 I again extend my stay by 30 more days at a local immigration office.

6) A day or two before my second, extended visa is about to expire I return to India.

Question B: Am I right in saying, other than crossing the border by land or air, at this point I have no option to remain longer in Thailand?

7) Having stayed in India for no less than 3 months, but no more than 6, I return to Thailand upon which I'm granted a 30-day exemption stay

8) A few days before the 30 are up, I extend this at a local office for 30 more days

Question C: Are they now allowing this? If so, is the process/cost the same as extending a 'proper visa'? If not, what's the maximum I can extend by?

9) I maximise my 'exemption stay' in Thailand however possible as above, and then fly back to England. There I stay for less than a month and apply for another double entry Tourist Visa, with the intention of repeating the entire process again

At this point, it will be approximately 15 months since the original double entry tourist visa was granted. During those 15 months I'd have theoretically spent 8 of them in Thailand

Question D: Must I return to England as a British national with a British passport to obtain another double entry Visa? Can I get a double entry tourist Visa elsewhere? India?!

Question E: Is it probable the consulate (wherever I apply) will grant me another double entry visa? Or are they going to flick through my passport and realise I've 'exploited' the full scale of the previous visa? I have not broken any rules, but is this approach sustainable?

Question F: Will the authorities/airline that I'm flying into Thailand with accept I'm traveling on a one-way ticket, or that my return date is way in the future?

(A few notes.. I am not 50 so can't apply for a retirement visa. I am not going to India for the sake of it as I've friends/family there & it's super cheap. I could apply for a triple entry visa to begin with but I'd still be going to India within the first 6 months of landing in Thailand and as they only last 180 days, I'm unlikely to use all 3 entries)

I did have some other questions which I've forgotten. All help and advice is appreciated. Thanks

You asked too many questions. Try to make your questions more specific and smaller. Most people here probably got bored half way through or confused and stopped reading.

Archived