IGNORED

visa exemption duration & retirement visa for aussies

swordfisch

1. wen entering thailand by road, do aussies still get only 14 days visa exemption?

i believe uk citizens now get 30 days.

2. retirement visa: are these the only stipulations?

- 50 y.o & up

- bt 800,000 in a thai bank account

3. do i apply for the retirement visa at immigration (jomtien)?

4. is the retirement (single entry) visa free?

does the multi-entry retirement visa cost bt 3800/year?

cheers

If you are still at home my advice is to apply for a tetirement visa before you leave. You will then not have to worry about it for 12 months, unless you have to leave during that time. Other then that:

1) yes

2) there are a few others but they are nothing to worry about.

3) I think you only get an extension of stay at Jomtien rather than a visa. As stated above you can get a visa before arriving.

4) Any visa (or extension of stay) will cost you money.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Above 1. 2. 3. Scumbag is spot on.

4) Retirement 1 yr extension of stay, 1,900 baht, single entry, 3,800 baht multi entry.

It's not about what you got.. It's all about what you can still get!

Entering Thailand on a visa exemption and hoping to then get a 'retirement visa' is a non starter.

First, you need a non immigrant 'O' visa. You should apply for this before you leave Australia. Trying to get it in neighbouring countries like Malaysia etc can be difficult to impossible.

Your non immigrant 'O' visa lets you enter Thailand for 90 days.

Before you can get a retirement extension to your visa, you need to have had 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account for 60 days. For further extensions, this rises to 90 days.

Have a look at www.thaivisa.com

They have far more advice on retirement extensions.

Trying to get it in neighbouring countries like Malaysia etc can be difficult to impossible.

They are very easy to get in KL if you meet the requirements. When I got one all they required was 100000 in a Thai account.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived