Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Welcome Plaza Hotel

blue1878

During recent visits I have been staying at the "Welcome Plaza" hotel. I have stayed at this hotel and needless to say that I like the hotel.

I would say that the hotel is about 20 to 25 years old. It's about 3 stars. I don't think it looks as modern as some as the newer hotels but it does have charecter.

The Welcome Plaza located in South Pattaya and is set back a little from the 2nd Road. I think it's in a good location. Very close to the Royal Garden Plaza. A short walk from the beach road and within easy walking distance from WS. If you wanted to get to Soi 8,7 or 6 or even North Pattaya the baht bus's on the 2nd road will easily take you there. Also there are always a number of motor cycle taxi's outside the hotel's car park.

The hotel's Standard rooms are clean and tidy but I find them a little small for my liking. The next best rooms are the Deluxe rooms. These are twice the size of the basic rooms. Delux rooms have a lounge area as well as a bedroom area. In the lounge area you have a seats so that you can sit and watch the tv. The deluxe room also has a couple of windows. I have stayed in a deluxe room once and you looked out onto the hotels car park which was a bit boring.

I like staying in the Junior suite rooms. Similar size and layout to the deluxe rooms but the junior Suite rooms have 2 balcony's which look out over the hotels swimming pool.

The hotel also have more expensive rooms but not having seen them I cannot coment on them.

At the rear of the hotel it has a swimming pool, small garden and a bar where you can order drinks and food. During the high season when the hotel gets busy you need to get to the pool fairly early if you want a sun lounger tp lie/sit on. There are some tables by the bar . When you first enter the hotel you will notice the large reception area and lounge area. I have always found the reception staff very friendly. The lounge bar area serves drink and food. The hotel also has a resturant but I have never used it has I like to eat out.

At the far end of the reception area there are two shops. A tailors shop and a beauty shop. I have used the beaurty shop to have my feet done. Also they beauty shop employ girls who will go to your romm and give you a 1 or 2 hour massage.

Close to the door going out to the swimming pool you'll normally find an artist there whi will for a fee do your portrait.

The hotel also employs bell boys and security. And the hotel is also girl friendly

You can see the hotel on www.welcome.co.th

Thanks for the review. How much did you pay during your stay?

[center][size="3"][url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/21796-getting-to-los-in-one-piece-tips-for-surviving-the-flight/page__p__322708__fromsearch__1&#entry322708"]Getting to LOS in one piece, tips for surviving the flight[/url] [/size][size="3"] [color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Restaurant Reviews[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34723-benihanas-brunch-in-royal-garden-plaza/page__p__550523__fromsearch__1&#entry550523"]Benihana's Brunch[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/40196-shabushi-restaurant-6th-fl-central-festival/page__p__642739__fromsearch__1&#entry642739"]Shabushi[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/40224-central-festival-food-loft/"]Central Food Loft[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56291-rosabieng-restaurant-sukhumvit-soi-11/"]Rosabieng (Bangkok)[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34681-more-bar-and-grill-downstairs-from-the-marriott/page__p__549788__fromsearch__1&#entry549788"]More Bar and Grill[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34680-valentines-day-at-cherrys-on-third/page__p__549786__fromsearch__1&#entry549786"]Cherry's[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56293-bali-hai-sunset/"]Bali-Hai Sunset[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56294-so-who-wants-to-eat-shit/"]Shit[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56315-rogers-italian/page__gopid__879575&#entry879575"]Roger's Italian[/url] [/size][/center][center][size="3"][color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Hotel Reviews[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34823-mosaik-apartments-soi-daynight-2/page__p__551879__fromsearch__1&#entry551879"]Mosaik Apartments[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/37964-paragon-place-hotel-pattaya-nua-rd/page__p__605514__fromsearch__1&#entry605514"]Paragon Place[/url] [/size][size="3"][color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Trip Reports[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34867-a-short-visit-to-koh-chang/page__p__552510__fromsearch__1&#entry552510"]Koh Chang[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/38011-khao-yai-national-park/page__p__606162__fromsearch__1&#entry606162"]Khao Yai National Park[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/38006-songkran-in-the-village/page__p__606114__fromsearch__1&#entry606114"]Songkran in the Village[/url][/size] [/center]

thanks for the report of your hotel along

with the list of amenities, will have to put

it in my folder of hotels and at least stop

in and look at a room the next time in the

area.

aki

During recent visits I have been staying at the "Welcome Plaza" hotel. I have stayed at this hotel and needless to say that I like the hotel.

I would say that the hotel is about 20 to 25 years old. It's about 3 stars. I don't think it looks as modern as some as the newer hotels but it does have charecter.

The Welcome Plaza located in South Pattaya and is set back a little from the 2nd Road. I think it's in a good location. Very close to the Royal Garden Plaza. A short walk from the beach road and within easy walking distance from WS. If you wanted to get to Soi 8,7 or 6 or even North Pattaya the baht bus's on the 2nd road will easily take you there. Also there are always a number of motor cycle taxi's outside the hotel's car park.

The hotel's Standard rooms are clean and tidy but I find them a little small for my liking. The next best rooms are the Deluxe rooms. These are twice the size of the basic rooms. Delux rooms have a lounge area as well as a bedroom area. In the lounge area you have a seats so that you can sit and watch the tv. The deluxe room also has a couple of windows. I have stayed in a deluxe room once and you looked out onto the hotels car park which was a bit boring.

I like staying in the Junior suite rooms. Similar size and layout to the deluxe rooms but the junior Suite rooms have 2 balcony's which look out over the hotels swimming pool.

The hotel also have more expensive rooms but not having seen them I cannot coment on them.

At the rear of the hotel it has a swimming pool, small garden and a bar where you can order drinks and food. During the high season when the hotel gets busy you need to get to the pool fairly early if you want a sun lounger tp lie/sit on. There are some tables by the bar . When you first enter the hotel you will notice the large reception area and lounge area. I have always found the reception staff very friendly. The lounge bar area serves drink and food. The hotel also has a resturant but I have never used it has I like to eat out.

At the far end of the reception area there are two shops. A tailors shop and a beauty shop. I have used the beaurty shop to have my feet done. Also they beauty shop employ girls who will go to your romm and give you a 1 or 2 hour massage.

Close to the door going out to the swimming pool you'll normally find an artist there whi will for a fee do your portrait.

The hotel also employs bell boys and security. And the hotel is also girl friendly

hello blue saw your post was wondering if u drank at the bar down stairs out the front on corner at all found it fun there met some nice people met girl called kwan well i think that her message me back if u do know her or drink there cheers mate

Thanks for the review. How much did you pay during your stay?

You can find the hotels prices on there website www.welcome.co.th

The prices have not altered much in the last couple of years

I would recomend the junior suites but the hotel doesn't have many of these rooms. A junior suite has a lounge area as well as a bedroom. And all have balcony's which I think all look out onto the swimming room

hello blue saw your post was wondering if u drank at the bar down stairs out the front on corner at all found it fun there met some nice people met girl called kwan well i think that her message me back if u do know her or drink there cheers mate

I have drank at that bar and found the girls to be friendly.

When I first stayed at the hotel that bar wasnt there.

I cannot really remember the names of any of the girls.

I usually drank there on the way back to the hotel. So it was late when I got there.

I will be arriving at the "Welcome Plaza" this Saturday. I like the hotel and always like to stay in one of there junior suites.

I wondwr if we have stayed at the hotel at the same time.

Totally agree with your review :)

I and friends have stayed there last 2 yrs (August).Pool area is just great to Chill out and cant beat the location. Great Value for money. Best part is self and 2 friends will be there again August 12th :GiveBeer1::D:D

All the best

Bruiser

• 3 weeks later...

I note that you said its girl friendly, but can you confirm if there are any joiner fees for 1 or 2 girls ?

thanks

I have searched several sites, but all that they are offering is 'Standard' rooms.

Which site did you book the suites with ?

I have searched several sites, but all that they are offering is 'Standard' rooms.

Which site did you book the suites with ?

Hi irishlas I go on the hotels own website

www.welcome.co.th

The website lists 2 hotels - Welcome jomtien beach in jomitien and the Welcome Plaza in Pattaya.

If you click onto Welcome Plaza the site will show the different rooms that the hotel has and how much a nignt

There is now a reservation form on there site so you can make a reservation online.

Irishlas you'll like this hotel.

If you'd like more information about this hotel please feel free to ask me

• 2 weeks later...
Hi irishlas I go on the hotels own website

www.welcome.co.th

The website lists 2 hotels - Welcome jomtien beach in jomitien and the Welcome Plaza in Pattaya.

If you click onto Welcome Plaza the site will show the different rooms that the hotel has and how much a nignt

There is now a reservation form on there site so you can make a reservation online.

Irishlas you'll like this hotel.

If you'd like more information about this hotel please feel free to ask me

Does this hotel have safes in rooms ?

I note that you said its girl friendly, but can you confirm if there are any joiner fees for 1 or 2 girls ?

thanks

According to THIS site, there is a 300TBH joiner fee, which was the only thing that stopped me booking there. The site, however might not be that up to date

http://pattayaone.com/Hotellist5.html

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Does this hotel have safes in rooms ?

Hi irishlas the hotel rooms don't have safes in them.

The reception has a large number safety deposit box's

According to THIS site, there is a 300TBH joiner fee, which was the only thing that stopped me booking there. The site, however might not be that up to date

http://pattayaone.com/Hotellist5.html

Hedonist

Thats strange :Bravo1: I've stayed there 7 times and I'm sure I've never been charged a joiner fee. I'm going to Pattaya in December for Christmas and New Year. I have got a Junior suite booked for then and have so far only paid a deposit of 1750B. When I come to pay for the room in December I will double check the invoice.

I'm sure they've never charged me a joiner fee

Thats strange :Bravo1: I've stayed there 7 times and I'm sure I've never been charged a joiner fee. I'm going to Pattaya in December for Christmas and New Year. I have got a Junior suite booked for then and have so far only paid a deposit of 1750B. When I come to pay for the room in December I will double check the invoice.

I'm sure they've never charged me a joiner fee

Looking at it again it only applies when you book a single room

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Looking at it again it only applies when you book a single room

Hedonist

Even though I travel alone I've never had a single room. So I've never come across a joiner fee.

Welcome Plaza's own website doesnt list a single room or a joiner fee. I suppose there standard room could be classed as a single room even though it has a double bed. I stayed in a basic room the 1st time I stayed but don't remember being charged a joiner fee. Since my first visit I have always stayed in there deluxe or junior suites which are a lot bigger than there standard rooms