IGNORED

Do I have to marry her for her to stay more than 6 months

Mr Blackpool

I have been with my Thai girlfriend now for 3 years she has successfully gained 2 six month UK holiday visas to visit me here (after several re submissions) and i visit LOS for 3 months every year I would like her to stay longer than 6 months in the UK but I'm not really looking to get married so what are my options. I have tried several options on the visa site GFS but its a con! or at least poorly managed it allows you to apply for a 12 month holiday visa for £400+ but then write to tell you the most you can apply for is 6 months holiday! it should be more like an insurance page when you choose 1 option it discounts all other options in separate sections but i guess that would stop them making so much money.

So what can i do to get her here longer and not get married just yet?

Don't have to marry her , if you have a proof that you were with her for 2 years , she is entitled to visa (spouse visa).

thank you how do i apply for that we can prove it as she has had 2 applications approved to visit me same address etc in UK but i can't find anything on what you say cheers

thank you how do i apply for that we can prove it as she has had 2 applications approved to visit me same address etc in UK but i can't find anything on what you say cheers

If she had come with you twice before , and proved that she was with you for more than 2 years , then you will have no problem to bring her to UK for a year with extension as well , let,s say , she got a successful visa for a year , when her visa is expired , she can extend her visa to another year and so on , providing she is still with you . That is applied to Ireland , possibly the same as in UK and EU. . Visit to that website , very useful . https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CBkQFjAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gov.uk%2Fgovernment%2Fcollections%2Fimmigration-rules&ei=haYiVPT6KoHg7QbxtoHwCw&usg=AFQjCNHfeBlPgAsIcQv13g_YXISQUdMmzQ&sig2=j9ACdRk2g6QB2QLfGU3agg

Don't have to marry her , if you have a proof that you were with her for 2 years , she is entitled to visa (spouse visa).

I don't think 'entitled' is the right word.

Also keep in mind that there are income requirements for these types of visas (Link).

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I don't think 'entitled' is the right word.

Also keep in mind that there are income requirements for these types of visas (Link).

Thanks for corrections .

Think its not as simple as made out here.

My wife (of 10 years) has had 3 x 2 year multiple visa's including this one (C-Visit) and 5 x 6 month visa's, she's here with me for now for 6 months as that is the maximum stay at any one time on the visa but also the immigration laws in the UK are that she can only stay in the UK for 6 months in any one period of 12 months ie she has to leave the UK for 6 months before coming back.

We are going to try and apply for a " Application for an extension of stay in the UK as the partner of a person present and settled in the UK" from here in the UK but it does say on her current visa rules that you can't "switch" to another visa.

Immigration kept asking me over the years why I haven't got her a proper UK marriage visa with leave to remain etc but the problem there was I lived in Thailand from 2001 until a month ago so there was no need for it.

davethailand is right the logic of UK visas are a nightmare to understand and a pain to get the required visa for some nationalities Thai included, tell her to convert to Islam she will get anything she wants.....

I though for a UK Unmarried Partners / De Facto Visa you had to live together for two year, simply being together but living apart is not enough. I also seem to think that the limit got increased to 2.5 years recently.

One option is to sign her up to an English language school so that she can live with you for the 2.5 years and then you can apply for the above visa. After another 2.5 years she can get a full uk visa and start to work.

The language visa sounds a great idea do you have any UK contacts for that cheers

This type of visa can only be for up to 11 months http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International-Students/Preparing--planning/Visas-and-immigration/Student-Visitor-visa/English-language-course-less-than-11-months/

For an education visa of up to 3 years (or 5 in some cases), they will need to apply for a tier 4 education visa but there are loads of condition attached to these and they will need to study full time or the education sponsor (college), is obliged to report them to immigration for non-attendance.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

davethailand is right the logic of UK visas are a nightmare to understand and a pain to get the required visa for some nationalities Thai included, tell her to convert to Islam she will get anything she wants.....

My Missus is Thai Muslim, Can you please explain to me how she can get anything she wants? We are heading back to the UK next year...

This type of visa can only be for up to 11 months http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International-Students/Preparing--planning/Visas-and-immigration/Student-Visitor-visa/English-language-course-less-than-11-months/

For an education visa of up to 3 years (or 5 in some cases), they will need to apply for a tier 4 education visa but there are loads of condition attached to these and they will need to study full time or the education sponsor (college), is obliged to report them to immigration for non-attendance.

As a rough guide they need to speak English to a certain level (CEF level B1 I think - http://www.examenglish.com/examscomparison.php) and then they can enrol in a long language course in the UK as vortex notes. If she has already been to England twice so may already know a lot of English so it's just a case of polishing up on the grammar rules and sitting the exams to get the certificates.

You do need a college to sponsor an application and they may interview her to make sure she is up to standard but at the end of the day you are going to be paying them for her to attend so they will not be looking for reasons to turn her away if she already has the exam passes.

The best way to find a place is google English schools for the location where you live.

My Missus is Thai Muslim, Can you please explain to me how she can get anything she wants? We are heading back to the UK next year...

They can't be too sexy....:P

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived