IGNORED

1 Year non Immigrant Visa for Australians? Different ways of acquiring one?

Pulsar

G'day

I am wondering If there is a cheaper way of getting a 1 year non Immigrant Visa for Thailand? I would like to live in Bangkok, rent an apartment. Start a Thai bank account. If you know alternatives where I can do those things please share. Only way I know of getting it at the moment is through the Siam Legal website. The Siam legal fee is 490 AUD and the embassy fee being 225 AUD. There has got to be a cheaper option. I have not got into contact with the Thai Embassy in Australia yet. But plan to soon.

Cheers

Where do you live? I believe all the major cities have a consulate. You can apply at the one closest to you.

On what basis will you be applying? Unless you are 50 years old or over, have a Thai wife or a child with a Thai woman you may have difficulties getting one.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I live in SA. I would like to learn Thai, explore Buddhism, do some volunteer work and write about Thailand. Are those valid enough reasons? I am 22. Money is not a problem for me. Its just this Visa barrier I need to overcome. If you have any advice on how to optimise my chances of getting one would be really grateful to see it. Cheers  

Archived