IGNORED

Cabbages And Condoms restaurant Pattaya

Suiker

Eeewww , Cabbage and Condoms , who on earth could eat that !!! :)

Been quite a few times and what I would say it has to have the the most fantastic view overlooking the sea along with rabbits running around. It is certainly we'll worthy of a visit even though the food is a little to be desired. Your girlfriend for the evening will be certainly impressed with the scenery and surroundings. The one thing I will warn you about is that to get a taxi from outside the restaurant will cost you a minimum of 200 Baht to Walking Street as it is a cartel outside and no room for negotiation.

Been quite a few times and what I would say it has to have the the most fantastic view overlooking the sea along with rabbits running around. It is certainly we'll worthy of a visit even though the food is a little to be desired. Your girlfriend for the evening will be certainly impressed with the scenery and surroundings. The one thing I will warn you about is that to get a taxi from outside the restaurant will cost you a minimum of 200 Baht to walking street as it is a cartel outside and no room for negotiation.

Only cost 70 bt if on motorbike taxi but with two , 140 bt !!! Maybe taxi would be better .

Eeewww , Cabbage and Condoms , who on earth could eat that !!! :)

Yeah, the name's always put me off too.

Some alternative yukky names:

Kale and KY Gel

Leeks and dildos

Vegetables and vasectomies

..........any more?? :)

Been here a couple of times... food expensive but OK, more of a special occasion or business guest type of place like Rimpa Lapin.

After dinner mints are a bit chewy though [emoji12]

There was only one other customer when I walked in, a guy in his mid-fifties slumped over the bar with half a dozen girls all over him like vultures feeding on a dead buffalo...

Confessions of a Bangkok Private Eye

A good place to visit once, different. Helps to have a car though. The food and prices are OK but service pretty bad. If you order a starter and main course they will come together.

We stayed at Cabbages and Condoms every year for a number of years from when it first opened and on the whole the food was excellent if a little pricey by Thai standards. However the service can be poor at times like Chris2004 said main course and starter arriving together, the last time we ate there one of our parties main course didn`t arrive so we complained, 20 minutes later still no meal so called the manager, all the service staff swore blind we has cancelled it!!

Never ate there after that.

As for the baht bus mafia outside are they still only charging 200? I used to go into the Asia and get a car from the taxi rank, was the same price and wave to them as I left :hello09:

• 11 months later...

So a restaurant with an abortion clinic attached to it?  Not very appetizing...

Advocating prevention not abortion. A great place to take your LT but use a condom afterwards!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

From the wiki page:

An interesting side note is the family planning clinic which openly operates next to the Cabbages and Condoms restaurant. This is one of several places in Bangkok where poor women can receive pregnancy termination, a practice which is legal in the country per Section 305 of the Thailand penal code, but often perceived as illegal.[6][7] The clinic is permitted by the authorities due to the dangers of unsafe abortion by Thai women because of "economic difficulties".[8]

My LT wants us to go tonight. LOL. Stocked up at Booths first..

So I caved and went last night. My girl loved it. And a very romantic atmosphere. We had a table up on a terrace overlooking the waves. Very nice.

Food was only slightly above street quality, though. Service was fine. 

Penang Shrimp Curry, Mushroom Soup, Stir Fried Morning Glory, Caesar salad, 2 cocktails, and a beer came out to 1380 Baht. A decent amount of food but portions are small relative to other places. So a bit pricey for what you get. 

Penang was pretty tasty though. And had a sweet smokey flavor you don't always find with the cheaper versions of the dish.

But the atmosphere is very nice. Glad I went. But  Not sure I'd repeat though.  

Could not shake the feeling I was at Trader Vics. For those that know the SF Bay Area restaurant I think its a perfect comparison. 

20150821_214154.jpg

20150821_211340.jpg

20150821_214614.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the name's always put me off too.

Some alternative yukky names:

Kale and KY Gel

Leeks and dildos

Vegetables and vasectomies

..........any more?? :)

Dates and Douches

Apricot and Anal