Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Budget Hotel - Is Pattaya Bay Resort "The Best?"

bromberg

Stayed at the Pattaya Bay Resort in June and thought it was exceptional low season value. The room was spotless and cleaned every day, free internet & computer in the lobby, the hotel was very clean and things just worked like they should. The pool area was clean, you could enjoy a beer poolside, breakfast was included in the price and was OK. There were heaps of positives.

I then inspected a few hotels around the Soi's, ones which I thought had a fantastic location. I looked at rooms in The Lek, Sandy Springs hotel, Ma Maison and a ferw others whose names excape me. Most were more expensive but were dissapointing by comparision.

The only minor draw back I found with the PBR was that it was a long driveway to walk when it was raining (yes I know I could have waited for their tuk tuk to collect me from 2nd road!).

The question is: With the PBR low season offer of stay 6 nights and get the 7th free, the cost of staying at the PBR is 856 Bht a night. Is this the best value hotel in town that has a pool with breakfast included?

I would say its one of the best at that price but still wouldn't consider 856 as "budget" when compared to some available. For a room of this quality + pool etc then YES it is tremendous value.

Where it stands or fall (IMO) is its location.

If you like to see ALL of Pattaya its perfect as its pretty easy to access everywhere.

If you are a Walking Street only guy then its not perfect.

IN addition Addicts get particularly well looked after.

Pattaya Bay Resort Website

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Personally i think it is exceptional value for money and the location is unique with 'The Avenue' on your doorstep and 10 minute walking locations to more or less everything, i have just booked my stay there and will drop in my honest report after the holiday.

I am staying at the minute on the monthly rate. Excellent hotel only draw back being that some nites when your wrecked from all the play and wish to have an early nite sleeping alone it can be noisy and i find it hard to sleep, my solution is sleeping tablets from a little farmacy on soi bukoiu (spelling) there is two farmacys within 10 m of each other one has a big sign outside saying 77, use the other as not all farmacys here have the sleeping tabs

I would say its one of the best at that price but still wouldn't consider 856 as "budget" when compared to some available. For a room of this quality + pool etc then YES it is tremendous value.

Where it stands or fall (IMO) is its location.

If you like to see ALL of Pattaya its perfect as its pretty easy to access everywhere.

If you are a Walking Street only guy then its not perfect.

IN addition Addicts get particularly well looked after.

Pattaya Bay Resort Website

Once you get the Tuk Tuk to the top of 2nd Road its only a 5 -7 mins to Walking Street, personally I think its a good hotel and its in a great location too.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

I am staying at the minute on the monthly rate. Excellent hotel only draw back being that some nites when your wrecked from all the play and wish to have an early nite sleeping alone it can be noisy and i find it hard to sleep, my solution is sleeping tablets from a little farmacy on soi bukoiu (spelling) there is two farmacys within 10 m of each other one has a big sign outside saying 77, use the other as not all farmacys here have the sleeping tabs

FFS, you are kidding me right ? the sole reason i have booked here is because i thought the location would give me a peacfull nights sleep, where is the noise coming from ?

Wig & Camel, ready to cancel :)

I have never had a problem with the noise and if you can get the monthly rate depends how long you are staying it's even better value when I checked out earlier this week they were 100% full after that I went to Rita Resort.

Al.

I need a good nights sleep

The only minor draw back I found with the PBR was that it was a long driveway to walk when it was raining (yes I know I could have waited for their tuk tuk to collect me from 2nd road!

That place looks great. Also it's only 13,900bt per month right now, which figures to 463bt/night. So if you're staying more than 16 or so days, you're cheaper just paying for the month instead.

So am I correct in understanding that they have a tuk tuk that runs you back and forth from 2nd road?

Edited by Grumpy

FFS, you are kidding me right ? the sole reason i have booked here is because i thought the location would give me a peacfull nights sleep, where is the noise coming from ?

Wig & Camel, ready to cancel :P

I've been staying here for a few weeks and never had any problem sleeping or with noise.

That place looks great. Also it's only 13,900bt per month right now, which figures to 463bt/night. So if you're staying more than 16 or so days, you're cheaper just paying for the month instead.

So am I correct in understanding that they have a tuk tuk that runs you back and forth from 2nd road?

Yes they have a Tuk Tuk that will run you to and from 2nd Road and Soi Buckhow.

I think the fact that the place is full most nights during low season is a good indication that they are doing something right. I'll be staying there for the first time starting next week.... :P

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

It's a great hotel and although the tuktuk service to 2nd Rd is fine it's just as easy to stroll through the Avenue (24 hours) to 2nd Rd and then continue the stroll down Beach Rd to Walking St.

• 2 weeks later...

Just observe that the daily rate includes breakfast for two and monthly rate does not include breakfast. Also there is additional cost of 7bath/used kW and 150bath/night and person for water. Add for yourself and compare.