IGNORED

Travel warning around Thailand.

Thai Visa Express

I got this update today from Click link to read full posting !!!

Travel Summary

• Thailand returned to democratic government in February 2008 but the political situation remains uncertain. Since 20 June 2008 a large groups of demonstrators have set up camp around Government House in central Bangkok and there have been minor outbreaks of violence reported. You should exercise caution and avoid any demonstrations or large gatherings of people. You should also keep yourself informed of developments, including by regularly checking this advice. See the Political situation section of this advice for more details.

• We advise against all but essential travel to, or through, the far southern provinces of Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat and Songkhla. There continue to be frequent attacks, including bombing and shooting, due to insurgency and civil unrest in these areas. On 15 March 2008, two bomb attacks at the CS Pattani hotel in Pattani killed two people and injured 15 others. See the Terrorism sectionof this advice for more details.

• There is a high threat from terrorism in Thailand. Attacks could be indiscriminate, including in places frequented by expatriates and foreign travellers. There were a number of bomb explosions in Bangkok in 2007. See the Terrorism section of this advice for more details.

• Penalties for possession, distribution or manufacture of drugs are severe and can include the death penalty.

• Outbreaks of Avian Influenza (Bird Flu) in Thailand have resulted in a small number of human fatalities. The last human death was in 2007.

• Around 860,000 British nationals visited Thailand in 2007 (Source: Tourism Authority of Thailand). The main types of incident for which British nationals required consular assistance in Thailand in 2007 were for: replacing lost or stolen passports (over 800 cases); deaths, mostly from road accidents or related to drink/drugs (over 250 cases); arests (over 250 cases) and hospitalisations (over 200 cases). The majority of consular cases occur in Bangkok, Pattaya and Koh Samui.

• We strongly recommend that you obtain comprehensive travel and medical insurance before travelling. You should check any exclusions, and that your policy covers you for all the activities you want to undertake. See the General (Insurance) section of this advice and Travel Insurance for more details.

more info ;http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travelling-and-living-overseas/travel-advice-by-country/asia-oceania/thailand

Edited by AZZZEY68

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

Yes, but there are TGs in Thailand. I must come regardless of the warnings!!!

Lol

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

You should ballance any warning with reality. The warning reduces liability for others if something happens to you. One summer there was a warning about possible terrorist activity in the Florida Keys. They said to watch for people with excess baggage, people who looked out of place or people with diving gear. This was in a tourist town where people went to be different and go diving. LOL.

I study Aregano: The Ancient Italian Art of Pizza Folding.

I have been experiencing the terroist threat for thirty years in Ireland and haven't seen one but that gone now, i expect the same in Thailand, Only a minimum of threats.. Probably less than 1% in Southern part of thailand.. And Government and Thai people will NEVER disturb the tourism because they are thailand reason to ecomony success....

We are safe guys. The warning says all but essential travel and with us travel to Pattaya and LOS is very bloody essential. IMO you are in more danger staying at home.

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

• 2 weeks later...

My needs are very essential :unsure:

Only a nuke being dropped on patts would prevent me going, even then I would still consider going :)

Wha's like us?

What, no "thousands of drunk farangs decended upon Thailand this year, carousing and spending money like water!"

But then again, why would that be news to anyone!

"Debauchery University post-graduate sabbatical"

My needs are very essential :unsure:

Only a nuke being dropped on patts would prevent me going, even then I would still consider going :)

Radioactive bargirls, eh? Now we're getting somewhere.

When life gives you lemons...

Fuck the lemons and grab a beer.

Read my trip report!

Pics

Well I've met a few girls who have a glow around em!! Also seen a few guys wondering around in the morning with a funny glow around them in all.

I wonder what the travel warning for Los Angeles would be like. Silly.

ElCubanito's Diary Volume 1Trip Report Archives PART 1 - 22.NEW NUMBER! Coming soon! Pattaya May 25 - December 2010. 6 months Biatch!!! Lb hunting, Foursomes, MMF, Soi 6 Crawls.....lets do it!

coming to LOS is a must do for me health/keep me sane....

I try to come 2x-4x every year does the trick.

aki

I recall the time I visited florida, in the USA back in '92... I was staying a couple of nights in a Holiday Inn, a little way out of the centre of Orlando... After booking in, I remembered the advice about enquiring about the neighbourhood. My enquiries were met with "You'll bo OK if you stay in your vehicle"... when I informed the reception staff that I didn't drive, and didn't have a vehicle, they thought that I was in some way mentally deficient...

I asked again about the neighbourhood : "Don't cross the street" I was told, "The cops and the drug dealers were shooting it out in the parking lot of the 7-11 opposite last night... "

It kinda puts the dangers of Thailand into perspective.

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

I gotta agree with you guys what could possibly keep us away............no way i can stay away from those beautiful woman!!!!

FUCK THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!