IGNORED

THAI's loss estimated at Bt12bn

News Bandit

They will make more money if they fly to the US direct! I know many that don't want to do a LH with connections.

They did that and couldn't make it work.

My first trip to Thailand was on a NYC-BKK nonstop. Cost was similar to other flights, maybe at most $100 more. Only 17 hours.

They then raised their prices another $200 and I took another airline.

Now I couldn't find any flights from NYC by them and I think they only have a flight from CA.

Their flights to australia are half full, but they wont drop their prices. I flew back 2 weeks ago and had 3 seats to myself. Great for seeping.

Surely they would be better off dropping their prices 20% and filling the plane

12 Pints in Know it all

Their flights to australia are half full, but they wont drop their prices. I flew back 2 weeks ago and had 3 seats to myself. Great for seeping.

Surely they would be better off dropping their prices 20% and filling the plane

Normally when i have flown back to Australia in low season i find the same.  Except for last month i was on a flight home that was 95% full because of a codeshare.  So i think it depends on what days you fly back.

But yeah definately would fill more seats if they had regular sales like air asia ect

They did that and couldn't make it work.

My first trip to Thailand was on a NYC-BKK nonstop. Cost was similar to other flights, maybe at most $100 more. Only 17 hours.

They then raised their prices another $200 and I took another airline.

Now I couldn't find any flights from NYC by them and I think they only have a flight from CA.

Clearly, the Thailand tourism department is not doing their job. How can you not try to cater to a country that is third in the world in tourism spending? It boggles the mind!

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/the-biggest/10-countries-that-spend-the-most-on-international-tourism/8/

Archived