IGNORED

BKK to Pattaya - Whats the best way to get there?

theaceofspades

Hi all, need to get from BKK to Pattaya around noon on 27/07/08.

There will be 3 of us going so I figure the easiest way would be to share a taxi.

Would I need to organize this a day or 2 before or just talk to a taxi driver on the day & see if he is willing to drive to Pattaya?

I have read on this forum that a taxi to Pattaya from BKK is 1200 - 1500 Baht.

Thanks for your help/advice in advance.

Cheers

Ace

I came... I saw... I went back... Again...

3 of you 1 taxi, 400 baht each should cover it....alternativly you can get a bus from the airport 150 baht each !!

or....

since there are 3 of you...rent out a mini van for about the same price

and enjoy your trip in somewhat luxury vs taking a cab.

Many travel places can rent a new mini van for you and pick you up....

aki

Book a taxi from one of the taxi/travel stalls the day before you want to travel. Many of these all along Second Road, usually B800-850.

If I were you I would just call a mr. toom or someone like that. I think the guarantee of having the driver be there to pick you up is worth the extra 100 baht a man.

Alternatively if your looking for the cheapest...just ask every driver you have when you are in Bangkok how much they would want. Chances are though you aren't going to find one for less than what has previously been mentioned - 800 baht...but you never know.

1200-1500 is perfectly reasonable...especially since you have mates to share the fare with. The only concern of course is the taxis aren't Ford Crown Victorias, eg. really large sedans, rather Toyota Corollas, eg. small sedans. So you may want to consider van or coach for the trip, depending on how much luggage you have.

If you do decide to take the bus, make sure your expensive electronics, etc. are with you on the bus, and not stowed underneath. The BKK natives I was running around with were very adamant about that. Seems like people like to hide under the bus and snatch items from your bags while the bus is in motion. I always put wire (zip) ties on my luggage for airport travel and any public transit, so I wasn't really worried, but it's worth considering.

I took a bus from Don Muang airport's bus terminal, aircon, first class, express (tollway route) it was about 150bt. Which took about 2 hours.

If you go from Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) airport, it is more like 90mins.

I would suggest either planning to leave around 10AM or 2PM. Both times I headed down to Pattaya the traffic was basically no problem for the whole trip, leaving at those times...although the bus driver on one trip stopped to see his cousin for a few minutes...just remember T.I.T. This Is Thailand.

Edited by Grumpy

I have used Mr Toom and no problem.

Confirmed it all the day before I left It's nice to know that you will have transport before you arrive it's one less thing to worry about.