IGNORED

sharing my thai learning phrases

thomi87

--------- Conversation ----------

---Thai--- ---English--- ---German---

saweedee kup = hello (to a friend) hallo (zu einem freund)

Pom Chue ..... thomat my name is.... thomas mein name ist.... thomas

Khun Chue arai? what's your name? wie heisst du`?/wie ist dein name?

(name) pen pooying rue poo chai/is (name) man or woman /ist (name) mann oder frau?

-------------------

sa bai dee mai = how are you ? wie gehts dir?

sabai dee = im ok ganz ok

mai dee na = not good nicht gut

sabai dee duei = you ok also? dir auch?

khun pen kon mai dee= you're a bad person du bist eine schlechte person/mensch (mensch=human)

khun pen kon dee= you're a good person du bist eine gute person/mensch (above"""")

kin kao yung

(thai peole say that when they meet)

in english its have breakfast,lunch,dinner yet?

yang = not yet noch nicht

--------------------

wannee pen yung ngai bang?= how was your day`? wie war dein tag?

kor dee = its ok war ok

mai dee = bad schlecht

cheoy cheoy = so so so so

wan nee dee nid noi.... today a lil bit good heute ganz ok

la kon = goodbye tschuess

--------------------

pud thai dai yang? = can you speak thai? kannst du thai sprechen?

dai = yes ja

mai dai = no nein

(name) rien thai tee nai= where do u learn thai (name) wo lernst du thai?

suu suu = fight fight! los los!( du schaffst das etc, anfeuern)

---------------------

ratree sawad sleep well or good night schlaf gut oder gute nacht

fun dee mai? did you have a good dream? hast du gut geträumt?

wannee tum arai dee? what should we do today? was sollen wir heute machen?

pai non dee kwa better go sleep(pai=go , non=sleep, dee=ok,kwa=bettet) geh lieber schlafen

wannee yak tum arai? what do u wanna do today? was willst du heute machen?

*(pai taew kun = lets go party)* lass party machen

wan nee yaak kui kui kui laew gor kui/ today wanna talk talk talk and talk will heute chatten chatten chatten

rao pai.....gun tur lets do..... lass uns...tun

*(the let's do/let's go you just add want u want in the blank)*

yak pai nai? where do u wanna go? wohin willst du ?+-gehen(<-go)

yak len mai= wanna play? willst du spielen?

jer gun = see you later bis später

-----------------------

chun ruk tur mak..... i love you so much ich liebe dich so sehr

chun ruk tur mung... i guess i love you

*--------Other----------*

raka= price preis

lychee raka tao rai ??check

jer gun mai na ja= see you (friendly) bis dann (freundlich)

na ja just make it sound friendly and a lil bit girlish

mai dai- no/ cannot nein/kann nicht

joob joob = kiss kiss kuss kuss

ther-- you in friend friend way du(freund/freundlich)

Khun--- you in polite way

for girls--> Chun Ruck Khun für mädels(maedels) (<- to avoid our special letters

Edited by thomi87

à¹à¸¥à¹‰à¸§à¹€à¸§à¸¥à¸²à¸‚องผมจะมาถึง ;)

some good stuff in there that i'm gonna note...

but i find myself speaking thai with a german accent now, das is nicht gut! wonderbra! :)

i wonder how you would say in thai "wolt ihr das bett in flammen sehen"? :P

There's some funny and useful stuff there. Make sure that you practice saying it with a Thai friend first though. With Thai being a tonal language it is next to impossible to write it correctly using our alphabet.

What with the different Thai sounds and the tones. Your Thai friend can then teach you the correct pronunciation. :)

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

There's some funny and useful stuff there. Make sure that you practice saying it with a Thai friend first though. With Thai being a tonal language it is next to impossible to write it correctly using our alphabet.

What with the different Thai sounds and the tones. Your Thai friend can then teach you the correct pronunciation. :)

he he thats true, it is also why you always find thai written by a farang not from your native langage very strange ;-)

The germanified thai was not easy to get from me, as I guess my frenchized one would look strange to you or Thomi...

It is very difficult for some people to get the tone right (I personally have great difficulties, it is getting better but still

problematic). Our langages are mostly not tonal and when they are we do not even think of it. So some thai words sound

exactly the same to my ears while they sound very different to thais.

I used to think thai is difficult because of this, while

English or French are more easy because they are more robust regarding small tones or pronunciation difference.

But it is not completely true: Thai have trouble with some English sounds, and even more with French...So much that

when they try to impress me when they know a few french words I have big trouble understanding what they say ;-)

Ear is trained at very young age toward the sounds of our native langage, and we get them more more accurately and are more sensitive to subtle differences and markers. It is very difficult to have the same hearing performances with the sounds and marker from another langage, I think impossible for many people when those sounds are very different.

For example, have you noticed that, even when you are almost fluent in a foreign langage, you need a quieter environment to hear a conversation clearly? While, in your native langage, you can get clearly a conversation even in a very confused sound environment like a disco or a bar?

Edited by gregkai

some good stuff in there that i'm gonna note...

but i find myself speaking thai with a german accent now, das is nicht gut! wonderbra! :)

i wonder how you would say in thai "wolt ihr das bett in flammen sehen"? :)

hehe thanks , i will ask for your phrase lol

well about the romanised writing , its ok , from what response i got in thai chatrooms they understand you , and they correct if you if something is not right hehe

i have audio files for every phrase , same for the tones , vocals etc

so practicing it with it in both ways

he he thats true, it is also why you always find thai written by a farang not from your native langage very strange ;-)

The germanified thai was not easy to get from me, as I guess my frenchized one would look strange to you or Thomi...

It is very difficult for some people to get the tone right (I personally have great difficulties, it is getting better but still

problematic). Our langage are mostly not tonal and when they are we do not even think of it. So some thai words sound

exactly the same to my ears while they sound very different to thais.

I used to think thai is difficult because of this, while

English or French are more easy because they are more robust regarding small tones or pronunciation difference.

But it is not completely true: Thai have trouble with some English sounds, and even more with French...So much that

when the try to impress me with their few words of french I have big trouble understanding what they say ;-)

Ear is trained at very young age toward the sounds of our native langage, and we get them more more accurately and are more sensitive to subtle differences and markers. It is very difficult to have the same performances with the sounds and marker from another langage, I think impossible for many people when those sounds are very different.

For example, have you noticed than even when you are almost fluent in a foreign langage, you need a quieter environment to hear a conversation clearly? While, in your native langage, you can get clearly a conversation even in a very confused sound environment like a disco or a bar?

what i post here are phrases what you can use in chat without being missunderstood , i hold a basic chitchat with that phrases and also translating

thai with it , what ive noted there is not germanised , she is a very well english speaker and writer (have to use a dictionary for her lol)

its true what you say that the basic language and tones of some countries make it harder for people , fully agree with that

about the point with thais speaking english i had a interesting discussion about :

12.07.2008 19:04:34 xxx Thomi umm here it's harder

12.07.2008 19:04:44 xxx Thomi but thai students never remember anything

12.07.2008 19:04:47 xxx Thomi lol

12.07.2008 19:04:52 Thomi xxx hehehe

12.07.2008 19:04:56 xxx Thomi we do it because of the teachers

12.07.2008 19:05:08 xxx Thomi we keep memorizing everything w/out understanding it

12.07.2008 19:05:33 xxx Thomi if you learn only A and understand it you can go to B C yourself

12.07.2008 19:05:43 xxx Thomi but here we learn all A B C from the teachers

12.07.2008 19:05:49 xxx Thomi we don't get to think much

12.07.2008 19:06:30 xxx Thomi and we are quite shy so we rarely raise our hands when the teacher asks

12.07.2008 19:06:51 Thomi xxx there is a difference, we have to do much , and try to figure out how things go till they are perfect, in language class much translation work etc

12.07.2008 19:07:02 xxx Thomi we're afraid the ans would be wrong and others will laugh at us

12.07.2008 19:07:10 Thomi xxx i know that

12.07.2008 19:07:13 Thomi xxx same here for some

12.07.2008 19:07:19 Thomi xxx but more hand raising = more points

12.07.2008 19:07:40 Thomi xxx but the youngsters are all shy too

12.07.2008 19:07:47 Thomi xxx that changes during higher class

12.07.2008 19:07:55 xxx Thomi same here...but we rarely do so even we know the answer

12.07.2008 19:08:31 Thomi xxx you learn more or faster but lack in other points , both systems not perfect

12.07.2008 19:08:48 Thomi xxx we are too slow , we learn things again and again till we can tell them at sleep but that stops much people

12.07.2008 19:08:54 Thomi xxx and they begin to sleep and fail

12.07.2008 19:09:14 xxx Thomi i learn it only once

12.07.2008 19:09:27 Thomi xxx and you have to remember it by now?

12.07.2008 19:09:28 Thomi xxx wow

12.07.2008 19:09:30 xxx Thomi so some ppl don't understand

12.07.2008 19:09:46 xxx Thomi and have to let friends explain

12.07.2008 19:09:54 xxx Thomi or go to tuition school

12.07.2008 19:10:07 xxx Thomi i must confess that i learn for grades

12.07.2008 19:10:15 xxx Thomi i don't learn for the knowledge

12.07.2008 19:10:24 xxx Thomi so if you ask me what i've learned last year

12.07.2008 19:10:29 xxx Thomi i can't explain it to you

12.07.2008 19:11:35 xxx Thomi most of my friends can read and write but not speak

12.07.2008 19:11:44 Thomi xxx ye your english is very good

12.07.2008 19:12:21 xxx Thomi most thai have the symptoms...."farang phobia"

12.07.2008 19:12:27 Thomi xxx lol?

12.07.2008 19:12:32 xxx Thomi you know why we're called land of smiles?

12.07.2008 19:12:49 xxx Thomi cos whenever a farang tries to ask sth ....we can't speak eng so we smileeeeeeeeee

12.07.2008 19:12:59 xxx Thomi :D

12.07.2008 19:13:00 Thomi xxx lol

12.07.2008 19:13:03 Thomi xxx loool

12.07.2008 19:13:25 xxx Thomi lol

12.07.2008 19:13:29 xxx Thomi true though

12.07.2008 19:13:52 xxx Thomi but we're also generous and gentle so we do that

12.07.2008 19:14:06 Thomi xxx i read often that even when you speak with thai people in other languages as thai they dont understand it even if they answer right

12.07.2008 19:14:31 Thomi xxx thought that was a joke

12.07.2008 19:14:47 xxx Thomi lol

12.07.2008 19:14:50 xxx Thomi it's true

12.07.2008 19:14:53 xxx Thomi we would say

12.07.2008 19:14:59 xxx Thomi "yes no ok thank you hello"

12.07.2008 19:15:00 xxx Thomi that's all

understand what this means? because of the tones they get teached from the beginning its very hard till impossible to remember the english in a correct way because the most dont practice it , there is a truth in what she says , dont wanted to post everything here i think you understand

dont worry about tones , if you write with somone he/she will understand it depending on the situation etc , the most are very willing to help you even with speaking as they practice their english with it too

"For example, have you noticed than even when you are almost fluent in a foreign langage, you need a quieter environment to hear a conversation clearly? While, in your native langage, you can get clearly a conversation even in a very confused sound environment like a disco or a bar?"

that depends on everyones ability in translation , my technique is to work with familiar words , you can understand a lot of languages even if you only translate 1 word on the beginning and 1-2 more till the end...you can think of whats going on , sounds hard but works pretty well for me , same for slangs , everything depends on how you practice it and if you translate what you hear only into 1 language ie english or also into your native language , it helps me a lot doing the tripple translation for better understanding

Edited by thomi87

cheers thomi some useful phrases there! all i need to do now is try remembering them! 5555!!!

cheers beefy , khop kun khrap ka :D

search for thai msn contacts and you will remember them easily , good luck!

[snip]

dont worry about tones , if you write with somone he/she will understand it depending on the situation etc , the most are very willing to help you even with speaking as they practice their english with it too

[snip]

That's true, I can get understood by and understand most bar girls, probably because they are used to a tone-less thai, or thai

with very strange farand accents :-) He he, we probably speak Engthai as much as they speek thaiglish :-)

That's probably why I have more difficulties to talk in thai to thais from villages or some shops: they are not used to farang mistakes when speaking their own language...

Also, when you stay with someone a few days, you get used to your BF/GF pronunciation and language mannerisms, and comprehension

becomes easier and easier: When I invited my TGF home, I understood her english very well and we had simple conversation very easily...but when my brother or especially my father talked with her, it was quite difficult even if they both speak english quite well...I had to do the thaiglish->english translation ;-)

Edited by gregkai

• 3 years later...

Please dont be upset this article is quite good but its not enough for me.

I need additions.

My negotiations with girls always short and to the point so I need these two:

blow job?

condom, no condom?

Please help.

My negotiations with girls always short and to the point so I need these two:

blow job?

condom, no condom?

There are many words for a blowjob, I'll give you a couple to choose from:

-Om, lit. to suck

-Smoke, pronounced the Thai way: Sa-moke :D , sometimes shortened to just Moke

-Chai Paak, lit. use your mouth. I guess this is the most polite way to say it

To make it a question you can add Dai Mai? at the end, so for instance: Chai Paak Dai Mai?

Also many words for condom, here just a couple:

-Condom, pronounced the Thai way, with emphasis on the 2nd syllable instead of the 1st: con-DOM

-Toong, lit. bag

Now in my experience about 95% of the girls will suck without a condom without you having to ask (except maybe in massage parlors), but if you really have to ask:

Chai Toong Mai? Use a condom?

Or a bit more elaborate:

Om Sod Reu Dtong Chai Toong? Can you suck it without or do I have to use a condom?

Some other useful vocab on this matter :D :

-Om Sod - bbbj

-Om Hai Mid - deep throat

-Dtaek Naa - cum on face

-Dtaek Paak - cum in mouth

-Gleun - swallow

Not exactly words you'd use with the future Mrs. but can come in handy with bargirls.

Edited by slick67

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้