IGNORED

Best Western Pattaya

FinnPower

Hello mates,

I've booked my first trip ever to LOS/Pattaya. First I booked a room from Dusit Thani but one of my mates told me that the management is very negative what comes to bringing girls to the hotel. I don't know how he got this information but he just said hearing it from somebody.

Anyways, based on thid rumour, I changed my reservation to Best Western Pattaya (http://bestwesternhotelpattaya.com/index.html). If any of you guys have any experiences from this hotel pls comment.

PS. I just realised the hotel is pretty far away from Walking Street but it's too late to change anymore. Hopefully the location is not too bad.

Life is too short to be small!

Never heard anything about this hotel bud... in fact to be honest I didnt even know it existed.

Did you check if this hotel has a joiner fee also? Kinda looks like a hotel that would

You sure you don't wanna change again?

Never heard anything about this hotel bud... in fact to be honest I didnt even know it existed.

Did you check if this hotel has a joiner fee also? Kinda looks like a hotel that would

You sure you don't wanna change again?

Shit! No I didn't check that. I really seems I have no idea what I'm doing. Maybe I call the hotel and ask.

My travel agency will be sooo happy if I change the hotel once again :P

Thanks for the advice.

Mate hope you dont mind me giving you a little advice...

If I were you I would cut your loses at that hotel... it is miles away from the decent night life. You will have to take a taxi to do anything from there which will probably cost you in the region of about 100/150 baht per journey. So on average if you go into town in the day and then again in the evening it will cost you about 600 bht per day in taxi's!

Another thing worth mentioning is why are you booking through a travel agent? There really is no need as you can "cut out the middle man" and book with the hotels direct.

On my next trip I will be staying at the LK Renaissance I can see from the hotel that you have already booked with that you like your creature comforts, perhaps this hotel would be more suitable for you? It is bang in the centre of town (about 10 minutes walk to Walking Street or 2 minutes in a baht bus costing 10 baht)

Not sure when you are going but they have a deal on at the moment that saves you 40% if you stay for 7 nights or more... I have booked a studio room at 1500 bht per night (thats a lot of hotel for your baht) If you want to book that hotel just email them with your dates and take it from there.

If that hotel doesnt take your fancy take a look at some different hotels that are also popular with bm's. The last thing you want is to have to pay 600 baht per girl that you bring back... it's robbery. Especially after having to fork out a fortune on taxi fares.

Hope this helps mate... I could have done with this kind of advice when I was making my first trip to Patts... hoping you wont make my mistakes again

IHM

Mate hope you dont mind me giving you a little advice...

If I were you I would cut your loses at that hotel... it is miles away from the decent night life. You will have to take a taxi to do anything from there which will probably cost you in the region of about 100/150 baht per journey. So on average if you go into town in the day and then again in the evening it will cost you about 600 bht per day in taxi's!

Another thing worth mentioning is why are you booking through a travel agent? There really is no need as you can "cut out the middle man" and book with the hotels direct.

On my next trip I will be staying at the LK Renaissance I can see from the hotel that you have already booked with that you like your creature comforts, perhaps this hotel would be more suitable for you? It is bang in the centre of town (about 10 minutes walk to walking street or 2 minutes in a baht bus costing 10 baht)

Not sure when you are going but they have a deal on at the moment that saves you 40% if you stay for 7 nights or more... I have booked a studio room at 1500 bht per night (thats a lot of hotel for your baht) If you want to book that hotel just email them with your dates and take it from there.

If that hotel doesnt take your fancy take a look at some different hotels that are also popular with bm's. The last thing you want is to have to pay 600 baht per girl that you bring back... it's robbery. Especially after having to fork out a fortune on taxi fares.

Hope this helps mate... I could have done with this kind of advice when I was making my first trip to Patts... hoping you wont make my mistakes again

IHM

That sounds like a very good idea. It makes no point to taking taxi every time I wan't to go to the WS or where ever; It's just a complete waste of money. How stupid of me not studied the scene better before making the reservation. I'm coming on october 3rd so there is plenty of time to change the reservations and I think I'll do that first thing after thid weekend. The hotel you suggested seems very decent so maybe I'll try to get that one. Furthermore, next time I will not use the travel agency instead booking everything myself. I'm just such a lazy bastard that I just couldn't be bothered at the first time.

Thanks alot for the advices!

I think the discount offer might be over by the time you arrive but still a very nice hotel to stay at.

I think you will have a much better experience if you stay a bit closer to the action.

ummm i,m pretty sure that the Best Wester is way the Fark out on Sukhimvit east of naklua . Dont stay there mate have a look at our hotels section

Cheers

ummm i,m pretty sure that the Best Wester is way the Fark out on Sukhimvit east of naklua . Dont stay there mate have a look at our hotels section

Cheers

I think it should be located just next to Dusit Thani; at least that is what they told me at the travel agency.

I could hit myself for being so ignorant while making the decision. Well, story of my life really... :sad:

I think it should be located just next to Dusit Thani; at least that is what they told me at the travel agency.

I could hit myself for being so ignorant while making the decision. Well, story of my life really... :sad:

Don't worry pal... the story of your life will definatly change when you hit pattaya....

While im on... another good hotel to stay at is Pattaya Bay Resort

Best Western? What's next for Pattaya... Howard Johnsons, Holiday Inn?!?

When is Cheap Chahlie's Hole in the Wall, or Supremo Fkkr's Room Emporium gonna open up in town?

:sad:

"Debauchery University post-graduate sabbatical"

Best Western? What's next for Pattaya... Howard Johnsons, Holiday Inn?!?

When is Cheap Chahlie's Hole in the Wall, or Supremo Fkkr's Room Emporium gonna open up in town?

:Chokdee5:

Checkout the Tim Boutique hotel on Second Rd, They have a pretty good deal at the moment 1800baht a night inc breakfast for a superior room if you stay for 4 nights or longer. I will be staying there late July & will maybe do a review or trip report soon thereafter.

I came... I saw... I went back... Again...

Location (7 km outside the Pattaya City) !!!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews...na-Pattaya.html

sounds like more of a family type resort

Actually there are two Best Westerns in Pattaya and the one you mentioned (Villa Cabana) is further away than the one I've booked. Best Western Pattaya is some 3km from the WS when I studied the map with scale.

BW Pattaya Location

Edited by FinnPower

I know where this joint is, but 100/ 150 baht a day............c'mon its cheaper than that. I stayed near this place and it used to cost me about 40 baht/day on the taxis. Even when you look at the big picture, thats only AUD $1.50 a day....... I think you'll be able to afford that when you consider the price of public transport in your own country.

Show me any woman, and I'll show you the bloke thats sick of rooting her!

I would say that it's not so much the taxi fares, but the hassle and time spent travelling, also the joiner charge adds up. It really is better to be not far from the action. You will not have a good complex nearby to have a few cold ones or to nip and fins a quick Short time companion. Spend some time looking on the hotel section. A good area for your first trip is Soi LK Metro/Soi Dianna. You have the Renaissance, Metropole or even the very popular Areca Lodge.

I arrive with a mate on October 4th. Feel free to PM me if you want to meet up for a beer. Between us we should be able to guide you in the right direction with do and dont's. And of course if you want to be led astray then you will be in the right company :GiveBeer1:

I do think though that your hotel location is important. Take it on the chin. Try giving a big sob strory and you may get a bit of cash back.

I don't know how to quote multiple posts but I would like to thank everyone for their effort for giving some solid advices what comes to to accommodations.

I still think it's best to try to cancel the current reservation and try to get a new one closer to the action. It doesn't matter if I have to postpone the arrival time a few days since my employer is pretty flexible and I can decide when to take my vacation.

I would also appreciate greatly if I could hang out with you guys for a while at the field so I wouldn't have to learn everything the hard way. The drinks, of course, is on me. :unsure:

Next week, I'll see what I can do with the travel arrangements and hopefully I'll find out the exact date when arriving to Pattya.

Once again :rolleyes:

I'm there in the last two weeks of september... if you are there then I will gladly show you around :unsure: