IGNORED

Pattaya to Don Muang

SaddQ

For my next trip to the LOS I've booked a return flight DMK - Hat Yai for a six day visit to Thailand's deep south. I will visit a friend in Pattani and I plan on visiting Phatthalung or Songkhla as well.

What is the best cheap way to get to DMK from Pattaya? I will stay in the Manita Boutique hotel in South-Central Pattaya. My (Thai Lion Air) flight to Hat Yai will depart at 12.30 AM, so I should be there at around 11 o'clock.

Cheapest way would be to take a Roong Rueng coach from North Pattaya bus terminus to Mochit bus station & take taxi from there to DMK, cost would be around 150Bt for the bus & around 250 for the taxi, have plenty of time in hand though.

................................................................................................................

And the option of taking the Airport bus to Swampy and then the free shuttle to DMK? I wanted to go that route first, but tonight I read about needing a plane ticket that also shows I arrived in Swampy, not just a plane ticket with a departure from DMK, which I can show.

Take a bus from North Pattaya Bus Station to Morchit Busstation, cost about 140 Baht.

From Morchit Busstation you can take a direct yellow bus to DMK, cost 30 Baht.

Fast and easy.

Nothing in Thailand is 100% sure.

Cheapest way is this-Van from Pattaya tai,outside Family Mart across the road from Tukcom to Victory Monument 2.00-2.30 hrs and 100 baht,bus number 29 from VM to Don Muaeng every 15 minutes takes 35 minutes-if the bus is an aircon bus it costs 18baht it its not then its 7 baht-I do this trip often,alltogether 3.5-4.00 hours so if time is not that important then thats the cheapest way :GoldenSmile1:

The A2 route between the DMK airport and Victory Monument.

Rate : 30 baht (aircon bus)

Only 2 times per hour

My (Thai Lion Air) flight to Hat Yai will depart at 12.30 AM, so I should be there at around 11 o'clock.

You need to check your flight times.

Petermik has it in one. I drive there the other week and it was a mare. It's far out of town.

Reminds me if the old days when we used to arrive in DM and spend hours getting to Patts up the Sukomwit.

See you at Le Pub, soi Diamond.

Le Pub Facebook Page

Le Pub YouTube Channel

I have done the bus to Mor chit and taxi to DMK a few times. The metered taxi is usually 120-13 baht and takes around 20 minutes. When you get off the bus the taxis at the first rank you see are more expensive. Cross at the pedestrian crossing to the taxi rank on the other side of the roadway.

I'm going to Vietnam in a couple of weeks what sort of price is a taxi? (Patts-DMK)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to Vietnam in a couple of weeks what sort of price is a taxi? (Patts-DMK)

Think Mr T does it for 1200+

................................................................................................................

How long does it take in taxi Patts - DMK ??

2 hours

2 hours

I will keep some time in standby as once you veer off the highway you are entering Bangkok city traffic all the way up to the north of the city.

Think Mr T does it for 1200+

Yes. 1200 all in.

I will keep some time in standby as once you veer off the highway you are entering Bangkok city traffic all the way up to the north of the city.

Good call boys

Thanks

Between 2 and 3 hours depending on traffic

I've done Pattaya to Don Meuang several times now and it's always taken around 2 hours to get there. I'm back again in a couple of weeks and Mr T is charging 1500 including tolls but there is 3 of us with luggage therefore charging a little extra.

500 baht a piece is great value. I would be flat out getting a taxi in Australia to take me 5 kilometres for the same price.

I did patts - don meung last trip with moew's taxi.   1200 all up. It took it took 90 mins, but i left patts at 4am in the morning

And the option of taking the Airport bus to Swampy and then the free shuttle to DMK? I wanted to go that route first, but tonight I read about needing a plane ticket that also shows I arrived in Swampy, not just a plane ticket with a departure from DMK, which I can show.

I think the free shuttle from Suvarnabhumi is OK if you have a departure from DM that day but you will NOT get it coming back as you will have no outward flight from Suvarn.

I think the free shuttle from Suvarnabhumi is OK if you have a departure from DM that day but you will NOT get it coming back as you will have no outward flight from Suvarn.

It is OK if you have a boarding pass, ticket or itinery to show that you are flying out from Don Mueang.  I do this trip many times a year and never have any problem.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

It is OK if you have a boarding pass, ticket or itinery to show that you are flying out from Don Mueang.  I do this trip many times a year and never have any problem.

So it's not a problem if I can't show an inward flight to Swampy?

So it's not a problem if I can't show an inward flight to Swampy?

I travel with Bell bus to Survanabhumi and then travel on the free shuttle bus to Don Mueang many times each year.  I show my itinery printed from the computer and never have a problem at all.  At first you didn`t need to show anything at all but so many people were using it that they clamped down and started to check and record everyone.  Just show the itinery and you are OK.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Archived