IGNORED

Anywhere you can make cheap international calls

tobeornottobe

Hi just wondering if there is anywhere in town I can make cheap international calls ?

I think at the end of soi honey there are two "old english phoneboots" with a operator where you can call cheap overseas.

Mate the cheapest way to do it to get viber (or another call app) on your phone. Get your friends to do the same and you can call for free whenever you want. I've Been doing it for years

12 Pints in Know it all

just a question , 

i normally use VIBER to ring when i am away . when i ring what number comes up on the phone of the person receiving the call ? i dont really want that person to know where i am ringing from !  :Think1:  :Think1:  :Think1:

Your original number comes up (from your home country).

When you register for viber you put your phone number in to the registration, then you can be anywhere in the world and can use the same number.

The only thing I am not sure about is whether you have to do this while still in your home country. Maybe someone else knows

12 Pints in Know it all

I use Skype for important calls around the globe like my bank and pay the few cents that it costs.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Skype a lot and the basic call is free.  If you want to use your Thai phone, you can get a prepaid phone card.  I have used CAT phone cards and it is about 1 baht per minute to the USA.  Your number does not come up to the person you are calling. 

Your original number comes up (from your home country).

When you register for viber you put your phone number in to the registration, then you can be anywhere in the world and can use the same number.

The only thing I am not sure about is whether you have to do this while still in your home country. Maybe someone else knows

You have to be in the service area where you are registering because they send you an SMS confirmation code.

buy an international phone card from CAT in Pattaya Tai

you can use it along with your normal Thai number

CAT gives you a code to enter to access the international card and their international prices

they also have a list of countries and prices for each

the balance on your international card is announced each time you use it

Archived