Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Macbook pro 17 Inch Mid 2010

Odd One Out

I am considering selling my Macbook because i rarely use it anymore.

However i am not giving it away, because i need the money, so if i get the right offer i will, if not it will stay with me.

Specs:

17" screen w/antiglare

2.66 ghz Intel I7

8g ram 1067 mhz ddr3

500g hdd

I bought it in USA just before i moved here, so it has US keyboard.

The battery is dead

The power supply is brand new

There is a cable to connect to an external monitor.

It is in good condition, and have been protected by a plastic shell (Speck) that's broken now

They sell on Ebay for between 40 to 100k bath, so i am expecting to land there somewhere, probably in the lower end, and i am open to reasonable offers.

The 17" is not made anymore, so if you want a big screen that can be used outdoors this is it.

Poor pics i know, but the best i can do for now.

IMG_0992.JPGIMG_0994.JPG

Part of what i get for it i will use on a PC laptop, so i am open for a part exchange if you have a used, but not too old one.

If you buy it i recommend you replace the battery and install a SSD drive, which will make this a very very good laptop.

I can help with that if you wish, as long as you pay for it.

Write in here or by PM if interested... and i will respond asap.

p.s. i dont use it because most programs i use daily runs on windows, not because i dont like it.

Hi OoO, that's a good machine there. Shame about the battery, but it's very fixable for the new owner. Here's an idea what steps are involved in that:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Pro+17-Inch+Unibody+Battery+Replacement/3403

DIY is possible, or the right shop will handle it easily too. I'd ignore the $149 battery price from the iFixIt site and say you'd find it cheaper on the ground there, or online.

I agree on the SSD approach too - while they've got the case open to replace the battery, replace the hard drive with a SSD drive. That combined with the i7 and 8GB RAM will mean this machine will be relevant for some time to come. A 2010 model might sound dated for a PC laptop, but Macs tend to age a lot better, especially with a few touches like the SSD upgrade.

Good luck with the sale mate. 

Hi OoO, that's a good machine there. Shame about the battery, but it's very fixable for the new owner. Here's an idea what steps are involved in that:

I'd be more impressed if it was very fixable for the current owner.   :beer9:

I'm sure he could handle it for the right price. :WinkGrin1:

There's benefits for the new owner to do it though - if they DIY it'll be cheaper or if they get a shop to do it then they'll own the warranty on the service. 

Well it is, but why fix it if i dont use it?

The new owner is welcome to fix it or buy a new one...

I'm sure he could handle it for the right price. :WinkGrin1:

There's benefits for the new owner to do it though - if they DIY it'll be cheaper or if they get a shop to do it then they'll own the warranty on the service. 

I can see how it sounds in the ad now, i dont mean if he pays me to do it, but if he pays for the new batt, and the SSD, id happily install it properly if wanted, i just dont want to spend money buying and installing if no one wants to buy it...

Hope that clears any confusion.

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Mac/MacBook-Pro-17-Inch-Unibody-Early-Mid-2009-Mid-2010-Battery/IF162-004

DIY is possible, or the right shop will handle it easily too. I'd ignore the $149 battery price from the iFixIt site and say you'd find it cheaper on the ground there, or online.

I agree on the SSD approach too - while they've got the case open to replace the battery, replace the hard drive with a SSD drive. That combined with the i7 and 8GB RAM will mean this machine will be relevant for some time to come. A 2010 model might sound dated for a PC laptop, but Macs tend to age a lot better, especially with a few touches like the SSD upgrade.

Good luck with the sale mate. 

Thanks CD

• 3 weeks later...

No interest?

Maybe i should just fix it up and use it myself?

• 1 month later...

Yes it is not sold yet, as there have been no reasonable offers. :)

Just lying in my closet waiting for a new owner.

• 1 month later...

I really shouldnt be doing this but...

How would you like to own this machine at only 25k?

Well I found something to spend 25k baht on, so until sunday midnight pattaya time anyone willing to pay that can buy it.

After sunday i might accept this price, but only if my purchase is still possible at that time, which i doubt it will be.

Please respect that i am not selling at a lower price as this is a steal already, and if you try for 24.999 you will not be buying it.

So 25k as is, no offers, no bargaining, no complaints afterwards. I doubt you will find a 17" at a better price.

Small added info would be that i think the speakers need replacing too, i doubt thats expensive, and there is a few minor scratches from normal use and a dent you'll only see if the light falls right, other than that as described earlier.

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, let me know if it has your interest.

I guess you guys need a hobby, so allow me to suggest you find a similar machine cheaper anywhere else.

That would prove me wrong, but you wont be able to...

This is definitely not true... If you believe that you do not understand what i am selling.

I guess you guys need a hobby, so allow me to suggest you find a similar machine cheaper anywhere else.

That would prove me wrong, but you wont be able to...

I think there's only one person on this thread who doesn't understand what you're trying to sell.   :WinkGrin1:

I think there's only one person on this thread who doesn't understand what you're trying to sell.   :WinkGrin1:

And you need to get a life, you comment on everything in here...

Why dont you prove me wrong if you know everything anyway? It appears you have the time if you close down this forum for a little while...

Sir

I re-read your advertisement seeking the price. Perhaps I cannot see it because of the limited view on my cell phone. I tried to live but life in a fare away. I will not lowball and I don't therefore I don't tolerate getting screwed.

Please give me your fair asking price and the opportunity research to review it.

You'll find that doing business with me fair. And neitheR feel different if we both enter into negotiations truly seeking a fair deal.

My hotel is in Pattaya but for new years I will be spending it just outside of the city. I will leave you a message tomorrow. If its not sold let's make arrangements and meet up.

Sounds fair, i will wait to hear from you and we can meet up.

Archived