IGNORED

2014 NFL Gridiron League Open

Shilo

The 2014 version of the ESPN NFL Gridiron League is up and running.

Rather then rehash all the details for getting a team organized, I'll just post the link to last year's thread that pretty much has all the answers for most of the questions:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/162340-2013-nfl-gridiron-league-open/

The main points:

It's a form of Fantasy Football.

It's FREE

We generally get about 25-30 guys each year in our league.

And it is VERY competitive. We've had guys from our league break into the top 100 on the ESPN site. Note: that's the Top 100 out of about 250,000.

Everyone is welcome to join..

Men lose a lot of money chasing women, but seldom lose women while chasing money.

• 3 weeks later...

We're up to a dozen guys... still time to signup for anyone else interested in playing this year'

Men lose a lot of money chasing women, but seldom lose women while chasing money.

Thanks for setting this up again, Shilo -- just set my team for week 1!

Thanks for setting this up again, Shilo -- just set my team for week 1!

I am so glad you're playing again... last year you edged me out by 4 points in the final week to knock me out of 1st place.

17 weeks, 2365 vs 2363 points, we both beat over 99.7 players on the whole bloody site... and you beat me by less then a field goal.

I've waited 6 months for this rematch-;)

Last Call...

16 players so far... season starts on Thursday.

EDIT: to withdraw question. You can drop/ad players with the 'EDIT' box, can not do it while the week games are still being played. I picked Preytor and he is no points for the first four games, I made a costly mistake there. Didn't have any idea he wasn't playing until I checked why he had no points for the week.

So, I'm trading for a kicker that is playing poor scoring teams the next 3 or so weeks.

My kicker is a druggie and won't play for 3 more weeks. Can I trade him this week ? Is it simple to do a trade/drop ?

You can swap out guys EVERY week, but I think you're screwed for week 1, since the Broncos played last night.

You can swap out guys EVERY week, but I think you're screwed for week 1, since the Broncos played last night.

Thanks for the reply, I was trying to drop/add while that function was closed for the week.

Yes, it was simple to do.

I am so glad you're playing again... last year you edged me out by 4 points in the final week to knock me out of 1st place.

17 weeks, 2365 vs 2363 points, we both beat over 99.7 players on the whole bloody site... and you beat me by less then a field goal.

I've waited 6 months for this rematch-;)

Last Call...

16 players so far... season starts on Thursday.

Thus far, it looks like the rest of the league is getting their revenge on BOTH of us for winning last year!  Ouch....

Thought I was all set for a decent week, given that I had Matty Ice....apparently, that was about ALL I had, with some big names posting mediocre games....

I'm actually giving "FanDuel" a shot this week -- seems pretty simple, but I'm guessing I get my clocked cleaned pretty quickly

FUCK ME!  I knew I forgot to do something today....like take Adrian Peterson OUT of my fucking lineup!  That was fucking brilliant....

Oh well, I probably would've tried to sub in Jamal Charles, so 0 for 0!

BRUTAL week for star players.....

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to send out a short message to congratulate Marks' Vogon Rams on a great finish. Mark has been up there at the top of the table year after year and it was great to see him sitting at the top of our league. It was a strange NFL season (IMHO) and to come out of it beating 99.9% of the site is nothing short of remarkable...

Again, Congrats to Mark... well done-:)

And as promised on our league message board... For those who aren't burnt out with Fantasy Football, I have set up another post season league for the Gridiron Playoffs. Here is a cut and paste of the invite with the link you would need to set up a team.

This message is from Shilo's Prowler who is challenging you to play Gridiron Playoff Challenge on ESPN.com.

This game challenges you to build a playoff roster of pro football players consisting of 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, and 1 Team Defense, while staying under your team's $50m salary cap. Best of all, it's FREE to play.

Get in the action now:
http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-gridiron-playoff-challenge/en/group?groupID=26659&invitesource=email&inviteuser=NTM3NTA4MTU%3D&ex_cid=invite-email-gridironpc

Group: Pattaya Wannabes

Gentlemen (and as always I use that term loosely) enjoy the holidays, the playoffs, and this years Superbowl... Hope to see you all again next season.

Shilo

Archived