IGNORED

Cha an - Anyone heard of/ been here? (Near Hua Hin)

rain_angelus

Been talking to this girl who works at a bar there and wants me to visit. The place seems pretty sedated and it is only a short 25 mins train from Hua Hin so I thought I might check it out.

Does anyone have any experience there? What can I expect to pay in bars and what time do they close?

Also can someone give me the current beer bar/gogo rates in Hua Hin? Still deciding if I should go

Many thanks

Countdown Clocks

Cha am is a little city on the seaside where Bangkok people go for a day of eat and drink on the beach .

No girlie bars .

Hua hin is a few small streets with girlie bars but no gogos . Prices same or a bit higher as Patts .  

Family resort for Thais - have spent a few days there with family every year for the kids to play at the beach. If you search the net (Hua Hin After Dark) you will find there is a street by the bus station with a few bars, there are massage joints and you will have no problem picking up a girl.

If you go to meet one and that works out you can have a great relaxing time including going to HH. The whole are has developed a lot over the last few years with amusement park, Swiss Farm, Venezia look a - like shopping area with restaurants an canals, etc. Also check out Hua Hin Forum for things to do, quite a few good reports by locals.

If you are OK with being w/o Walking St for a few days I would go.

In Cha am, what should I be paying LT? Is it less than Patts?

I saw they have very reasonably priced go karting there, have you been?

Countdown Clocks

There is not really any nightlife in ChaAm.

If you keep going south past Cha Am  you will see some of the most spectacular beaches in Thailand. Swimming is not really possible due to strong undertow. The beaches are stunning and nearly deserted. No girlie bars.

Cha am is very quite, there is a couple of westernised hotels but the majority of the people who visit there are Thais, it has a nice beach but not much more, If I was you I would stay in Hua Hin and  commute a couple of times to Cha am. 

as Hua Hin has a lot more going with plenty of bars, restaurants and massage parlors if you want. I usually try and get 4 or 5 days in Hua HIn every time i visit Thailand as for me its a nice place to stay and relax with a good entertainment area which goes on until about 2.00 in the morning.

Big C

Where are these beaches you mentioned?

WHite or yellow sand?

Countdown Clocks

• 3 weeks later...

Where are these beaches you mentioned?

WHite or yellow sand?

Sort of dirty yellow sand. IMO there are not really any very good beaches anywhere on the gulf side, you need to get over the Andaman side - Krabi, Phuket, Satun - to find the best Thailand beaches.

I was at Cha Am about 2 months ago, was OK but not really worth going out of one's way to get there. I was with my tirak so wasn't looking for any action, which was just as well as I sure didn't see any. There are no doubt a few Thai-style karaoke bars scattered around where you could get some P4P but I think that would be about all.

If you were just looking for a few peaceful days relaxing on the beach then Cha Am (during the week) would be OK for that.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Archived