IGNORED

Can someone explain something to me on Agoda

MagicMike403

I am trying to book at the honey lodge and it says that for standard room with breakfast ....and under the max it shows 1 person symbol and it is priced at 39.82 cad. Then for the same deal with 2 person symbol showing it is priced 41.81 cad.

Isn't this a joiner friendly hotel? so If i pick the cheaper option then am I going to be charged when I bring a guest back?

Might be a small increase to cover the additional person for breakfast?

I'm staying at Honey Inn right now..

Not sure what you mean..

Edit..

You have just changed your OP from Honey Inn to Honey Lodge..

So probably not where I'm staying..

I'm staying at Honey Inn right now..

sorry meant honey lodge.....but how do you like honey inn?

sorry meant honey lodge.....but how do you like honey inn?

I recommend it.TBH..

Good clean rooms,GF,near the action etc

Agoda is funny like that. On some Asian properties, you will see a different price for 1 & 2,whether breakfast is included or not.  

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

I believe Its basically single occupancy or double, so if you book the single you may well be charged extra by the hotel for double occupancy should you bring some company back.

Big C

You have to pay for additional breakfast???

Thank You, John Gray.....PLEASE DON'T FORGET THE PARTY OF THE YEAR!!!!! TEXXXAS THE SHOW WITH OVER TWO DOZEN XXX ADULT FILM STARS AND MORE!!!   AUGUST 17-21st IN HOUSTON, TX. @ HILTON SOUTHWEST, WHERE YOU CAN STAY WHERE THE STARS STAY!!  AND ALL THE DETAILS WILL SOON BE UP ON WWW.TEXXXAS.COM OR LOOK IN  MY MAGAZINE ONLINE WWW.HOUSTONNIGHTMOVES.COM OR YOU MAY CALL ME AT 832-563-3699! ALL PA'S RECEIVE FREE ADMISSION!!!

iv just booked today in Agoda never asked how many people just booked room it came up as 2 adults but there is no breakfast offered in that hotel im staying

Always book a double room and if it asks how many guests select 2 that way ur covered

Good advice to book double, then you are covered for guest.

Fuck Agoda, they over price the rooms! Book through the hotel website & send them a email for better deals, or give them a call....better results IMO.   

Fuck Agoda, they over price the rooms! Book through the hotel website & send them a email for better deals, or give them a call....better results IMO.

Depends on many varying factors,,but in my experience Agoda is cheaper in something like 60% of the time..

Depends on many varying factors,,but in my experience Agoda is cheaper in something like 60% of the time..

Well i'll give you an example......last march i stayed at August Suites, Agoda advertised a standard room for 2250b....Aug Suites website site 1750b...then i sent a email & knocked the price down too 1600b! That's a saving of 650b per night...x 9 nights= 5,850b saving!

The so called points system to save money for your next trip(s) is a load of bullshit IMO...

What's Agoda? lol

Website to book rooms.

Good site to sort by price, rating, or review scores.  

Positives:

Easy to Search

Sorting ability on above criteria

Discounts in some hotels

Credit for future stays if you use often

Negatives:

Beware when you book you do not book non-refundable room (unless you do not care)

Sometimes cheaper on direct booking

The advertised price in Agoda does not include the VAT and an admin fee. Most often the final rate is higher than other booking websites, such as booking.com, be aware of this.

Except sometimes Agoda have promotion or discount rate for some hotels.

My Googling suggests that, for example, a Standard room in October is AUD 41.08. Two Person symbol.

A Standard room with breakfast is AUD 45.46. One Person symbol. Ie, breakfast for one.

Best you get the cheaper Standard room, no breakfast, two person symbol and go out to eat.

All hotels i ever stayed at in pattaya are guest friendly (25 or more). But if u book for 1 person... the hotel will charge u extra when u want a girl to stay with u. It might be because of the breakfast or whatever... so dont be a cheap charlie and book for 1 person and complain about extra cost when 2 people are staying in that room.

Cinemas charge two tickets wgen u bring ur girl... no matter how many free available seats there are in tthe salong

Shinzon

Sorry, I don't give out details on my models so please dont ask...  

Well i'll give you an example......last march i stayed at August Suites, Agoda advertised a standard room for 2250b....Aug Suites website site 1750b...then i sent a email & knocked the price down too 1600b! That's a saving of 650b per night...x 9 nights= 5,850b saving!

The so called points system to save money for your next trip(s) is a load of bullshit IMO...

Yes dude thats ONE example.

But the way you said it before made it sound like Agoda is ALWAYS more expensive.

As I said, in about 60% of the time you will fund Agoda cheaper.

Yes dude thats ONE example.

But the way you said it before made it sound like Agoda is ALWAYS more expensive.

As I said, in about 60% of the time you will fund Agoda cheaper.

Bullshit!

I have another 5 to 6 example but i''m not gonna sit here & spell out each example am i! 

60%? Absolute nonsense! YES there are a few good deals on Agoda right now (that's a given) but its never where you want to stay anyway....no view, too far away from bars etc etc...

I'm just gonna keep on saying it....BOOK THROUGH THE hotel WEBSITE, EMAIL OR CALL THEM DIRECTLY FOR BETTER RATES! 

Why are you shouting..?

What is the matter with you..?

Can't you have a simple conversation without shouting.?

Perhaps I will leave you to it.

I have been using Agoda for several years all over the world. I have done about 100 booking through them (yeah i move around alot) and have not experienced any problem at all with any booking. I find that the webpage is easy to use and it gives a very good overview of how the hotels look like and what rooms that are available. It is also easy to search for rooms. I also find that they have alot of exclusive deals if you log on. I dont know how cheap they are if you are looking at a particular hotel and have fixed dates. Then its very easy to compare various sites as well as contact the hotel directly.  So do that if you know exactly where you want to stay and find the cheapest deal.

However. if you are flexible and not so picky I find Agoda to be very good because they have good deals for some hotels and these hotels vary all the time. I have stayed at more than 50 hotels in LOS mostly booked through Agoda.  As some of you know, I do photoshoots with thaigirls when I am there. I need new backgrounds all the time and prefer to stay in very large rooms which give me plenty of opportunities for the shoot. My last trip I managed through Agoda to stay in 4 hotels in Bkk and 3 hotels in Pattaya. 5 of those where large suites between 50-85m2. I paid about 2000-2500bath a night for these places but I picked the places that for cheap for the moment. At one hotel I stayed for free due to my points.

S15, Grand Sukhumvit, Phachara suites, Park Plaza, At mind, LK Royal suites, LK Royal wing   

Shinzon

Sorry, I don't give out details on my models so please dont ask...  

I stopped using Agoda after my 1st few trips and switched to booking.com, now fortunately with 15 trips experience I use neither and pre book with accommodation direct from that experience.

Might be a small increase to cover the additional person for breakfast?

You pay for the xtra breakfast, extra towels etc...

Archived