IGNORED

Getting photos from computer onto phone

mickjn

Hi Gentlemen

I am looking for a bit of help on something I go not know anything about

I have a cheap cell phone LG L70,I think it is Android.When I got it that was no cable in the box.While I was in LOS an old girl knitted a jumper for my granddaughter.I want to send the lady that photo and I want to get some photos from my computer and put them on my phone.I guess the first thing I need is a cable from the computer to the phone.If that is correct what cable do I need and after that what do I do.I guess you can figure out I am no Bill Gates

Thanks for you help

You must have a lead to charge the phone?

Does the charge lead have a usb end on it, if so then that will plug direct to your pc if not then ebay will;l have them for pennies.

Once you plug it in to your pc it will come up as an external drive, click on that and find the file DCIM(digital camera images)

Find the pics you want to copy on your pc and right click on them (copy) and paste into the DCIM folder on your external drive(phone)

Alternatively as your phone is a smart phone, you could email them to yourself(phone) and save them on your phone

You should be able to do it with a USB cable. You'll need one with standard USB at the computer end and a small connector for the phone.

Alternatively, use something like Dropbox or Google Drive. Install the dropbox app on both devices and whatever is save on one appears on both.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Getting photos from your computer to your phone.. You can either drag and drop the files which is a similar method ti what the other guy called copy and paste.

Or again as he said you could email them to yourself.

Basically write an email on computer and attach the photos. Then send to yourself and open on the phone.

You can then download from email account to the phone itself.

Having done this you can then send the pic to the lady by MMS..

I would go into more details Mick but I'm posting from my phone and it's a bitch to write stuff.

If you haven't cracked it by tomorrow I will post from a PC to explain better.

Or if your phone has bluetooth and your computer has bluetooth, you can transfer the pics that way...

& thats the easiest way

................................................................................................................

If it's only a few pics

.. just take pics of your computer screen

If it's a lot of pics, fastest way if your phone has an microSDHC slot you can use one of those cards to copy pics (and music, videos, etc) between your phone & PC.

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

take out the memoty card from` your phone,

then insert that memory card in your computer.

Then add the pics you want to that memory card...in the map pictures or my pictures...

then re insert the memory card into the phone again and the pics should be there on your phone

take out the memoty card from` your phone,

then insert that memory card in your computer.

Then add the pics you want to that memory card...in the map pictures or my pictures...

then re insert the memory card into the phone again and the pics should be there on your phone

Thank you Sir

• 4 weeks later...

most non apple phones use either min or micro usb same cable you charge with

if you use to connect to oc it will uasualy treat your phone as an external hard drive and allow you to drag and drop pictures

Archived