Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai Smile moves to DMK

ost22

THAI Smile from 08AUG14 is moving selected Domestic operations from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi to Bangkok Don Mueang (DMK). Affected routes as follow.

Bangkok Don Mueang – Chiang Mai 3 daily
Bangkok Don Mueang – Khon Kaen 3 daily
Bangkok Don Mueang – Phuket 2 daily

http://airlineroute.net/2014/08/02/we-dmk-sep14/

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know

Looks like the Generals mandated this one. Why would anybody fly them from DMK anyway ? Every time I look Nok & AAsia are 1/2 the price. Sucks if you're trying to transfer.

The move is made to save money. Landing fee is cheaper at DMK

The big problem is people that have connecting flight. Now you have to spend 30-90 min going from BKK to DMK.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know

The big problem is people that have connecting flight. Now you have to spend 30-90 min going from BKK to DMK.

It is going to be a problem for people connecting with Thai Airways flights.

Bad news for me. Due to the move I can't make my usual connection so now it is four hours between flights and a trip to DMK. My journey will be as fast by private taxi now and that is the way I'll probably go.

Bad news for me. Due to the move I can't make my usual connection so now it is four hours between flights and a trip to DMK. My journey will be as fast by private taxi now and that is the way I'll probably go.

It is going to be a problem for people connecting with Thai Airways flights.

The way I read it was Thai will retain flights to BKK from/to HKT, CNX and KKC, but they will be operated by Thai International rather than Thai Smile.  That's what their website shows.

There will still be some Thai International flight from BKK to HKT, CNX and KKC but more than half the flight with a TG number now is Thai Smile flights. So you can end up with a much longer conection time or a trip to DMK.

If you look at KKC you will have 2 flights from BKK and 3 from DMK

There will still be some Thai International flight from BKK to HKT, CNX and KKC but more than half the flight with a TG number now is Thai Smile flights. So you can end up with a much longer conection time or a trip to DMK.

If you look at KKC you will have 2 flights from BKK and 3 from DMK

It's a bit of a bugger's muddle, TBH.  Where I live (Hat Yai), it is still showing Thai Smile as providing connecting flights through BKK.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a bit of a bugger's muddle, TBH.  Where I live (Hat Yai), it is still showing Thai Smile as providing connecting flights through BKK.

For now is only Chiang Mai, Phuket and Khon Kaen that Thai Smile moves to DMK. Thai have to save money so I'm sure the rest of Thai Smile flights will move at some time. Remeber that this move where made with one weeks notice. Thai is know for changes with short notice.

Archived