IGNORED

Noise question regarding Pattaya Bay Resort

sarsbuk

I have read in quite a few threads about the current construction and noise levels near the Pattaya Bay Resort.

Can someone give a bit more info on how bad the noise/dust etc is???? I am booked in PBR beginning of Sept

and may change if it is too bad...

Anyone staying in the hotel or has stayed recently, did the noise/construction affect your stay???

Cheers

I stayed in Jan noise was siply not an issue, i am staying for a month ill be there in a few days so if you wana PM me in a few weeks ill answer any questions

Thanks Ricardo... I will do!

I really like the PBR and it will be ashame to cancel.... The Manager Boem is very helpful.. and always replies quickly to emails!

Looking at the Sabai Lodge as the alternative.

I dont think the noise from construction is the problem Its the thin walls and the noise from other guests in there rooms and kids in the hallways

Correct. Great hotel EXCEPT for those problems.

there is no construction noise . IF the housekeeping staff keeps the hall doors shut . If they leave them open during the day then it is quite annoying and several times I had to close the doors myself .

the other noise problems can be if your on the 6th floor under the restaurant ( chairs dragging across the floor ) and hallway noise specifically slamming doors . Normally i am a heavy sleeper so it doesnt bother me . but on ocassion i found the noise irritating .

felt pads under the chairs and rubber pads on the door frames would do wonders

Stayed there for the last 2 weeks in June. I was on the 7 floor and noise was never an issue. When I was there there was no construction noise at all.

You would hear the normal hotel noises, the click clack of shoes on tiles and the walls between rooms are not soundproof - but it was never an issue for me.

IMHO the Pattaya Bay Resort was a bargain and this was confirmed when I inspected other hotels in Soi 7 & 8 for my next trip. The hotel was clean, bright and everything seemed to work well.

Have a great trip!