IGNORED

sabai lodge or sabai resort

ziggyboy

Hi everyone,

Am going to pattaya in 18 days and still looking for accomadation, I was booked into the pattaya bay resort but have since changed my mind due to the noise issue,

I have been looking at the sabai resort and the sabai lodge,

Can anyone give me any info on both of these places, The prices seem to be the same so thats not a problem :rolleyes:

Im looking for a deluxe room , Nice and quiet and will be needing wi-fi in the room for a bit of buisness,

What part of the lodge or resort is the best? They are seperated into different setings!!

Also, Is breakfast incuded in the price

Any info and pics would be a great help

Edited by ziggyboy

Don't know about the Sabai places sorry, but can you advise me of the noise issues at the PBR as I've booked there and wasn't aware of this. Cheers

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F8soolsiIOo&...feature=related

2 All beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

the lodge is situated in soi 2 and the resort is on 2nd road but close enough to walk between the two

I have only ever stayed in the lodge though, i dont take the delux rooms so it suits me better! I paid 1100bht in june when i stayed for 2weeks

both have wifi and both have a selection of pools and are very guest friendly

website is

although im sure you already have it

http://www.sabailodge.co.th/

never bother with breakfast but im pretty sure it is extra

Edited by beefy

I stay in Sabai Inn in May - Good hotel - NO lady fee - My room was 850 baht a night - there is a quiet wing and a wing that faces the beer bars - I got the quiet wing but the room had no view - service was great - no problem with the staff - End up meeting a BM acrross the hall - great time their. Main point for me is no joiner fee or lady fee there - I'm on budget - All in all worth the stay - nice clean and no problems :D

I've stayed several times in the Sabai Wing (Lodge) on soi 1... they do a De-luxe Sunset room which used to have a lovely view of the Bay, untill someone started to build another hotel just down the road, which effectively blocks this view... the rooms are large and very clean, the service is unobtrusive, but very good. No joiner fee for the first lady, though rumor has it that they might charge for more than one "guest".

They have good wi-fi, but this is only available in the reception area, not in the rooms.

The pool is very nice, and has a bar next to it...

Room service is efficient, and you can get good food delivered up until midnight or thereabouts. after that time they are happy to phone out for a pizza for you...

Breakfast is extra, but reasonably priced... I must admit that I usually go out somewhere for a fry-up... the hotel breakfasts are more of the continental variety.

They made my Thai fiancee and her daughter very welcome... you hear of some hotels getting a bit sniffy about Thai girls using the pool... not the case at the Sabai...

I will definately stay there again... the loss of the view is of little importance to me, and most of the heavy and noisy construction has been done on the new hotel that they are building down the road, so noise isn't a big issue anymore.

I would reccomend the Sabai wing to anyone who's butget can stretch to a little over 1000 bht per night. I will be staying for 2 nights there again at the end of August.

Murg

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

Sabai Lodge for me.

Stayed 7 nights in this hotel. My room was located in the Ruan Thai area of the hotel complex, which had it's own swimming pool within the courtyard of it. There are 4 other sections of the hotel each with it's own quadrangle and swimming pool. The room was a standard room which was large and well equipped.

Anyone know if the sabai lodge requires you to pay a deposit on the credit card?? Not to happy with that:(, So may people get ripped off this way these days, Not that im saying that the sabai lodge is like that, Its just that you cant be to carefull these days and would rather not use the card for a deposit abroad :rolleyes:

Also, Can anyone confirm if they charge for the wi-fi in the sabai wing and is there a door in the room that joins onto the next room? And if so, Can you hear everthing from the next room,,, I Like my sleep and dont like noise :rolleyes:

Thanks

Edited by ziggyboy

Yes, They do charge for Wi-fi at the Sabai wing.... but there's a different hotel network available that is free ( 2 hotel networks appear on the list of available network on your wifi list. one set up for guests and payable by the hour, the other is their own network... no password was required for the private hotel network... so I used that.) I paid for 1 hour, and then used the free network thereafter... no one checked.

I think most rooms have a connecting door to the next,but its two doors... one door in your room, and one in the next room, so even if you opened the door in your room, you wouldn't be able to enter the next room unless your neighbour had unlocked their door as well.

As to noise... if someone is shouting or shrieking, next door, you'll hear it... if they are talking normally, or watching TV at a reasonable volume, you won't...

The Sabai wing is built in a horseshoe shape... one side of the horseshoe runs next to soi 1, the other is internal (between soi 1 and soi 2)... if you are concerned about noise, ask for a room in the internal side... there used to be some noisy beer bars on soi 2, but they have closed down. I use the Sabai wing precisely because it is a nice quiet hotel, in a reasonably quiet location...

Murg

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)