ThailandWine&Dine

June 20th 2014 - Must have been a heavy night at Voodoo Jomtien ... was outside at 10.45 craving eggs benedict, but no sign of life.

So breakfast at the Pig & Whistle in Jomtien, close to the main crossroads and lights on Thapphraya, just up from the beach. First visit. Immediate impression was that it's much more like a diner inside than a pub. But there's a first floor with pool table, maybe that's where the action is.

I had the small breakfast, priced at 150 (not including tea or coffee at 35 baht). The large breakfast is 190. Small rasher of Wiltshire bacon, 2 eggs (nicely cooked), 1 sausage, lots of fried potatoes and even more baked beans. Glad I didn't opt for the big one.

After a heavy night and England's unsurprising virtual exit from the WC (well what do you expect when they leave the best defence in the PL bar none at home), I might have been a bit scathing in reviews today... but the quality was fine, worth the few extra baht I reckon.

Just wasn't too impressed by the atmosphere in the place, and the rather miserable waitress didn't help. Ok I'll forgive her, maybe she's an England fan...

Find Pig and Whistle on our map - FB page The Pig & Whistle

10484041_10203685562835866_7394697669599

10418397_10203685563115873_3617395613717

10481593_10203685563355879_8380518464286

Check out the map to find restaurants reviewed - ThailandWineAndDine map

Join ThailandWineAndDine on Facebook

Sunday Lunch is very good there also B225, place is spotlessly clean, you can view the kitchen as you go to the bogs.

Waitress are a bit miserable(aren't they everywhere these days?) but ok once you get to know them.

Plenty of UK newspapers,  and the food is served on red hot plates as it should be

The place deserves to do better than it does, lacks atmosphere, the introduction of a Farang manager with a bit of personality to stamp on the place would help IMHO

Only tried the one on soi 7. Never a bad meal there so if it's the same owners you should be able to expect the same quality.

there is a big taste and quality difference between jomtien branch and soi 7 branch...maybe it is because of the cook but soi 7 p&w went down the hill last 1.5 years

there is a big taste and quality difference between jomtien branch and soi 7 branch...maybe it is because of the cook but soi 7 p&w went down the hill last 1.5 years[/quote

Yep

Totally agree

P&W used to be one of the best restaurants in Patts for western food

Since the owner died about 2 years ago

The food is average at best

Archived