Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Peak season - Xmas thru New Years

BigBangkokTheory

I suspect that most BMs considering a trip for peak season have booked already or will be soon (incuding myself, who has booked already).

I have read several times on this board that "anytime is a good time in Pattaya", and I for one am looking forward to leaving the holiday pressures of family and mass media in West behind for the first time in my life! :Party1:

That said, I have also read many posts warning of the crowds, high prices, etc. :Clap8: and some BMs that refuse to go during peak season (or high season for that matter).

So just how bad is it, people? Any insights, anecdotes, or examples from peak seasons past?

Peace guys

I am addicted to Pattaya Addicts, View New Content

I am not sure about the crowd or the higher prices for bar girls. In my case, I avoid high season only because of the hike in hotel prices. It seems to rise at least 30 % (from 900 baht to 1200 baht for example, in my favorite hotel). And in really high season, around the christmas/new year hollidays), hotel prices become really rificulous. If I got good deals for hotel, I would probably go in November. But december, january or early february, I like the winter here with the various traditional hollidays and the ski season...I am free to choose the time I go in thailand, so I just avoid the times where it is obviously more expensive and when farangland is (at least a little bit) funny ;-)

Edited by gregkai

I am in the same position as the OP and i would love to hear from any of the expats or guys who go regular at xmas? just how much more expensive does everything become and how crowded?

does it make the girls attitude change alot aswell?

..a bit crowded and hotels sometimes full, and Walking Street is a mess, but

I sure like getting away from the cold weather at that time of year from the states,

basically I like it then!...but I do like it pretty much any other time too.

aki

Hi,

I went last christmas and New year, first time in Pattaya and really enjoyed it.

I didn't think the crowds were that bad, well, New years Eve in Walking Street aside, that was rammed with people.

I had no idea of the difference in prices from lo/high season, and i do recollect lots of bargirls asking for 1500+BT for LT, i thought it was usually 1000BT LT, so i guess they did hike the prices up in a lot of bars.

hotel wise, a definite difference in price, i'm going back next week, and i'm paying the same for 18 nights as i paid last year for 13 nights.

I know a lot of local lads who stay away from high season time, they all reckon low season is better, guess i'm about to find out, but i wouldn't be put off, Christmas and New Year in Pattaya is great :GrinNod1:

Mate i was in LOS for a few months last year and left bkk for oz early december; the hotel prices are what really shocked me as i stayed at the same place in bkk for most of october and then was there for the end of nov/start dec and the price increase was insane.

If i can i will always try to go low season ..............anyway june,july,august is winter in oz fucking cold so thats another reason i like to go low season.