IGNORED

Casa Pascal

ThailandWine&Dine

(April 20th)

Maybe my skinny shape renders me invisible, because today's meal at Casa Pascal nearly didn't happen... sat outside for a full 15 minutes before a very poor attempt at moonwalking in front of the window drew some attention. I suppose 12.30pm is an unearthly hour to be wanting lunch when most people are crawling out of bed and thinking about breakfast - Casa Pascal patrons seemed to all head inside for the breakfast buffet - hence the clearly surprised waitress when I asked for the menu.

Glad I waited though - the meal was excellent. Couldn't fault it - either the service (eventually!), or the quality of the meal itself. Just one tiny complaint; the espresso was thin, a little bitter, and served with very basic 'petits fours'. A minor let-down after such good dining, but definitely out of place in a classy restaurant such as the Casa Pascal.

Appetisers ... Slice of roast pork with a creamy sauce, as well as diced egg mayonnaise, with a selection of fresh breads. Delicious.
Starter .... Home-cured salmon. Ditto.
Main course ... Steamed sea bass, spinach, fries. Delectable.

Something the pics don't portray, the subtle herbs and seasoning in all the sauces, vegetables, fish dishes. Not overpowering - just right.

All in all the quality of the dishes, attention to detail, and excellent service make this one of the best fine dining locations in town. Ok the bill was over 1800 baht, but 840 of that was for a couple of glasses of Chardonnay, a Kir Royal, two espressos (tried a second one in case I'd been unlucky with the first), and a 60 baht bottle of water. Service is included.

Find Casa Pascal on our map -Casa Pascal FB page

10421130_10203631036032730_3949745665016    

10447516_10203631036152733_4980962817557

Check out the map to find restaurants reviewed - ThailandWineAndDine map

Join ThailandWineAndDine on Facebook

Archived