IGNORED

British Airways Sale

keswick01

I know it may not be the cheapest on the market but must be a bargain considering the same flight was £900 only on Tuesday when I checked.

Is it worth the extra £100 to avoid the Middle east stopover?

GLASGOW RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB - NO OTHER TEAM COMES CLOSE!!!!!!!

I personally prefer a quick stop over... an hour or so to strech your legs is better than being sat on a plane for 13 hours.

Last trip I flew etihad via abu dhabi... the first flight was dead and I had 4 seats to myself.... and just a short stop to stretch my legs

the onward flight to bkk was over booked... we were offered $300 us and a night in a hotel... we declined but it was nice to be offered.

That said... I think the price you have found is good considering the current fuel price and tax hike.

Hi IHM,

The stopover could belooked at as a break but last time I spent 4hrs in Dubai between flights and it wasn't the most relaxing airport I had been in - during the night the transfer hub area is packed with people and that is probably why I thought a direct flight may be worthwhile.

I too was offered compo by Air NZ to Hong Kong last year of £300, meals, hotel and a flight the following day. I volunteered only to be told at the last minute that one person hadnt turned up and I was "lucky" enough to get on my original flight - I was gutted.

After that I looked into what the airlines have to provide and was surprised to find out that they had only offered me just over half what they were legally obliged to do as flights overbooked either from EU or to EU they have to offer 600euros if the alternative flight departs more than 4 hours later than original (plus hotel and meals etc.)

GLASGOW RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB - NO OTHER TEAM COMES CLOSE!!!!!!!