Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

New Rule at Suvarnabhumi Airport

KhunKen

Hi Folks

Just found out that effective July 1, 2008, drivers can no longer hold name signs for passengers outside of the Customs exit. They have been moved to exit number 3.

If you or anyone you know are coming in and have arranged for a taxi, limo, etc. to pick them up tell them to go towards exit 3 and they should find their driver with a name sign.

I was informed of this by a travel agent that I had arranged to pick up a friend yesterday. Seems the Airport Authority wants to now collect money from all eommercial vehicles picking up passangers at the airport. Guess they don't care that a passanger coming to Thailand for the first time may not find their pre-arranged driver or that this will just add cost to the tourists. You can bet any airport tax will be aded to your fare!

Another small step backwards for tourism in Thailand. Problem is all the small steps bakwards add up to less tourists, less tourism money, poorer Thai's and ultimately less tax revenue for the Thai government. Will they ever learn?????

Edited by KhunKen

Life is Short! Eat Desert First at the "Y"

Thanks Mate

It is chaos at the quietest of times in that pick up area.

I hope they sign it well and keep the touts out of the area.

HD

Skinny Girls, Skinny Girls, Skinny Girls, I love em, I love em , I love those little BFMs

Hi Folks

Just found out that effective July 1, 2008, drivers can no longer hold name signs for passengers outside of the Customs exit. They have been moved to exit number 3.

If you or anyone you know are coming in and have arranged for a taxi, limo, etc. to pick them up tell them to go towards exit 3 and they should find their driver with a name sign.

I was informed of this by a travel agent that I had arranged to pick up a friend yesterday. Seems the Airport Authority wants to now collect money from all eommercial vehicles picking up passangers at the airport. Guess they don't care that a passanger coming to Thailand for the first time may not find their pre-arranged driver or that this will just add cost to the tourists. You can bet any airport tax will be aded to your fare!

Another small step backwards for tourism in Thailand. Problem is all the small steps bakwards add up to less tourists, less tourism money, poorer Thai's and ultimately less tax revenue for the Thai government. Will they ever learn?????

Sounds like a half-assed plan to try and increase the incidental taxi rides for those who arrive thinking their pre-arranged ride either left or got lost. Geez...

Swampy-boom.... a marvel of ingenious idiocy!

"Debauchery University post-graduate sabbatical"

thanks for the information mate.

not that i need a taxi in the next few days,but it might come in handy for the new guys that are coming in.

greets

sb

ive always gone down a couple gates and ignored the yelling-barely-make-eye-contact-and-"taxi? TAXI? TAXI?" last thing i need after 17 hrs of traveling is 40 people screaming at me. i usually go past the crowd and then get a legit taxi guy at the going rate. dunno how effective this new rule is since youre just moving the screaming crowd 100ft away.

thanks for the heads-up as I was going to send

someone/taxi driver in BKK to pick up my buddy who

is coming later in the month to Patts.

aki

thats because i take the bus to Pattaya :LMAO1:

Man...places sexual intercourse far & away above all other joys...he will risk life, reputation, everything...to make good that opportunity and ride it to the overwhelming climax." - Mark Twain