Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Your advice needed... Hotels

squarevid

I'm coming to Pattaya for the first time this October... I plan on visiting WS, LK Metro/Beer Bars and Soi 6... maybe Soi Honey too.  Variety is the spice of life so I'd like to stay at two different hotels, one hotel the first three nights and the second the final two.

1. LK Renaissance

2. Page 10

3. View Talay 6

4. LK the Empress

5. Dusit2 (Hotel Baraquda)

6. Any other hotel in the $60-125 night range that you would recommend?

Stayed numerous times at VT6 cant beat it ....

If I want to spend 2000+baht my choice would be VT6.

otherwise LK rennaissance is the best choice but stay at backside rooms.

the noise coming from bars in front of hotel is disturbing

Seeing as it's your first time in Patts, I'd be recommending something central so you can walk around and find your bearings. I probably wouldn't be changing your hotel for only 5 day stay, as the last thing you want is to have to check out at 12 noon when you've only just come back from WS at 4am - 6am mao mak mak.

LK Renaissance definitely fits the bills, as does The Areca Lodge (Evergreen Rooms) and LK Metrolpole - both on the same soi - very close to LK Metro and lots of bars on Soi Diana/LK Metrol/Soi Buakow area. Soi Honey is the next soi up.

There is a soi just before Soi Diana (where above 3 hotels are), a small dead end Soi and it has Intimate hotel aka Tim Boutique hotel. That is certainly in your price range.

You also mentioned Page 10, I haven't stayed here but did stay in Sea Me Spring hotel down the same soi and it was nice. Page 10 looks nice from the pics but I don't know how quiet it is at night time as it near the top of the 2nd road entrance, probably fine as long as your facing the back.

For the wow effect probably would go for View Talay (very nice beach view from the higher floors) or LK Empress, Haven't stayed in either, but they certainly look very nice.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

I love View Talay 6. Would recommend it.

I haven’t stayed at the Spamword hotel for 4 years. But before that when PattayaLand2 was huge it was the ultimate party hotel

I had stayed there over 20 times without problem but many don’t like the owner of the Spamword hotel.

But: What other hotel have condoms/dildos in the minibar :)

+ live feed from downstair ago-go cams. Just use room service to call up the girls.

+ only hotel that I have been at with room cleaning twice a day. 

i chosed dusit this time. it was  hot deal for end of july, 500 $ for 5 days included breakfast+wifi

Thank you for all your responses. 

JohnnyR.. I'll take note of your exception about recommending only one place for 5 nights. 

Lacarre Blac... What's the best way to go about requesting a backside room for LK Ren as I will be booking this online?

I'm in agreement with most about LK Renaissance as it's right next door to LK Metro and all the Diana/Honey/Buakhao area.  I'm assuming that I could take a short walk to 2nd from LK Ren and catch a baht bus when I head to the 6 and WS? 

VT6 certainly looks nice as well and does have availability... I'm a sucker for a view too but for some reason I'm just not quite sold.  Does VT6 have maid service?  The place confuses me as it looks like they are private condos, yet they rent them out like a hotel and has "some" on site services?

Is there really a hotel called Spamword hotel? I've seen this mentioned on the forums but haven't looked into it.

For a minute I was highly considering staying at the LK Empress in their Beach Rd. facing suite.  That location seems pretty solid as well.  It seems like it's walking distance to LK Metro, you have soi 7 and 8 walking distance too I think and the legendary TQ is right next door.  But I was concerned about the possible noise coming directly from Beach Rd, their hotel guest policy on 18-19yr. TGs, and not sure if I can justify the amount if I'm not going to be spending a bunch of time in the room (save for my LTs). 

Ahhhh... decisions decisions!!

Keep the recommendations coming gents!

Yes, VT6 is a condo, there are several agencies that manage privately owned units, and own some as well...

maid service is included with some rentals, and extra/optional with others...

It is my preferred place to stay, love the location, love the view, love the large rooms, the restaurants that will deliver to your room, the convenience stores, the massage shops, all within steps of the elevator...

20140623_225958.jpg

20140611_160742.jpg

20140614_143605.jpg

the spamword hotel is the first place I stayed on my first visit...

a lot of bad blood between the owner/operator of that place and this forum for some relentless spamming they used to do here...

it's in a pretty seedy area and a bit past its prime, but still a fun place to go if you like sex swings and having a stripper pole in your room...  I thought it would be cool, but a normal room fits my style much better I have found.

and yet, I may rent there again for a night of perversion... 

Ive noticed what looks  great deal on Expedia , and there is a pay at the hotel option, I lke,  Nova Lodge  free golf buggy or ten mins walk to second road comes out by soi 6  what you get the deal seems very good value for money , from just over 1000 bht or 1300 bht with double breakfast, some decent reviews on Trip Advisor ect ,  you get a 50 mtr room , balcony, free wi fi , pool , kitchen , about half or less of what the Renessaince and some others you mentioned costs,, could be worth a look .

Is it possible to rent VT6 for just five nights? He's coming in October (shoulder/low season) so maybe it is possible. 

Anyway, for a first-time visitor, I would still probably recommend a hotel. Staff can be helpful in answering first-timer questions.

I'm in agreement with most about LK Renaissance as it's right next door to LK Metro and all the Diana/Honey/Buakhao area.  I'm assuming that I could take a short walk to 2nd from LK Ren and catch a baht bus when I head to the 6 and WS?

Very short walk to 2nd Road. But it is a one-way street, heading in the direction of Soi 6.

To get a baht bus for WS, you either need to head further down to Beach Rd, or up to Soi Buakow. 

Ive noticed what looks  great deal on Expedia , and there is a pay at the hotel option, I lke,  Nova Lodge  free golf buggy or ten mins walk to second road comes out by soi 6  what you get the deal seems very good value for money , from just over 1000 bht or 1300 bht with double breakfast, some decent reviews on Trip Advisor ect ,  you get a 50 mtr room , balcony, free wi fi , pool , kitchen , about half or less of what the Renessaince and some others you mentioned costs,, could be worth a look .

Hi Buddy, if you mean Nova Gold, then I will say that it offers the best value of any 4star hotel in Patts. Excellent rooms and service + guest friendly (from 1,000THB pn). The only 2 downsides are 1) small pool permanently in shade 2) If you will be in WS every night then wrong location. That aside I recommend this hotel.

No Buddy but just next door NOVA PARK  not NOVA LODGE my typo sorry., it has bigger rooms than the Gold an NOVA PARK has an Irish Pub Jamesons ..Part of the Nova group both hotels .

Have stayed at all except Dusit D2 which I think has changed owners and is called something else...prices not changed!

Other than View Talay all the others are not too far away from each other. I am not a fan of changing hotels but I tend to only stay unto 14 days unless you have issues with the hotel.

Out of these I return to LK Empress and I have just booked the beach front facing rooms for $110AUS. Noramlly don't spend this much on hotels but if I can get this special I go for it. It is a great way to start the evening by sitting on the balcony watching the events of Beach Road.

$65-$125 is a big difference in Pattaya so first decide what you want to spend to help narrow it down. If I didn't get the special from LK Empress then I was going to book at Areca Lodge Deluxe room in the evergreen building.

1st time in Patts I was in shock so didn't really care about hotel. I like the walking and I never really get plastered drunk so if you do maybe you need to be in Page 10 as if you do Walking Street you can get drooped off right at hotel from Baht bus. LK Metro is a short walk.

Enjoy

Is there really a hotel called Spamword Hotel? I've seen this mentioned on the forums but haven't looked into it.

I believe that the name of a certain hotel results in "spamword" coming up -- it's a term that is used to describe the top floor of an apartment building and it is also the name of an adult magazine (not Playboy, but....)

I was VERY happy with SeaMe Springs, which isn't on your list, but is the price range, and is very centrally located.

Some have been able to score the Marriott in that price range, but I think you have to either book a non-refundable rate or be very lucky to get it that low.

I understand your urge to move and check out new areas, but on a five day trip?  AND your first trip?  If I were you, I would pick one and stay there for all 5 nights.

Haven't stayed at VT6, but it gets rave reviews.  Again, on only a 5 night trip, I would either stay there the entire time OR catch it on a future trip.

Check out the PA "most booked hotels" thread below. Its a little out of date but as its usually fairly similar each month it is probably still on the money.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/85750-pattaya-addicts-top-14-agoda-hotels/

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Archived