IGNORED

Looking for nice restaurant+sports lounge in Central Pattaya

Can anyone recommend a good indoor (air conditioned) restaurant and sports bar/lounge in or close to Central Pattaya.  I’m looking for a nice place to take the place of the old Shenanigan’s in The Avenue.

The old Shenanigan’s, then Acorn had enough TVs, some fantastic comfortable seating and a nice restaurant as well.  It must at least be indoors, air conditioned and have comfortable seating.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable sub-human who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house.

Robert Heinlein

irish rovers - LK Metro

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Gullivers near soi 1 beach road

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

Can anyone recommend a good indoor (air conditioned) restaurant and sports bar/lounge in or close to Central Pattaya.  

Pretty difficult for Central Pattaya.

Irish Rovers is always so smoky, and being an AirCon bar, makes it a pretty unpleasant experience for me.

The nearby, Metro Apartments Bar would be a far better choice IMO.

Once upon a time, I would have said the Green Bottle, but its pretty jaded nowadays.

Gullivers is not very central but fits the bill.

Try,

Dicey Reilly's across the road from Shenanigans / Acorn, its on the opposite side of Second road and walk towards Walking Street, its not far, and sounds like it would suit your requirements.

Cheers

The Sportsman Soi 13

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Shortly after posting this question my brain kicked into gear and I did a search on the internet like I've done 1000's of times before and found this question has been asked numerous times on various Thailand forums.

Besides the answers above which seem to repeat themselves on other threads, the one I choose was Legends, the pool hall in the shortcut between 3rd road and Pattaya Klang.  I went there to watch the Wimbledon's Men's final.  The final went to 00:30 in the morning and I understand they stay open until quite late in the morning.

Legends turned out to be perfect aside from a problem I had with smoke.  I'm a non-smoker and the place where I was sitting did not have an extraction fan close by, but the rest of that wall had, I think, 7 overhead extractions vents all the way to the back of the place.  If I had moved I probably would have had a better result with smoke.

They have at least 5 different seating areas up front just for watching TV on very comfortable sofas.  The place is enclosed so it's air conditioned and you can order from a food menu which delivered from Nick's or they have limited snacks on-site and a large variety of drinks.  They even have small ice cream cups in different flavors for 60 baht each, but I would not order their milkshake for 90 baht.  It is made with flavored ice; seriously it is made with ICE!  I was quite surprised and disappointed they sold such an inferior milkshake for that price.  Swensen's has fantastic, rich shakes for almost the same price.

Still, I'd highly recommend it for drinking and watching sports in a comfortable environment.  I will be there for the US Open on Aug/Sept.

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable sub-human who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house.

Robert Heinlein

Gulliver's sounds good, but it's further than I wanted to go.

I-Rovers I've been to; don't like it.

Metro Apts I am familiar with (stayed there for 1 month).  The seating is not comfortable enough to sit for 4 hours.

Dicey Reilly's I thought about, but have never been there.  It looks nice and I should try it some day.

The Sportman's, I know it, but haven't been there.  I've only picked up friends who have stayed there.

I'll keep those last two in mind, but for now Legends fits the bill very well indeed.  I think I counted up to 15 TV's and probably more.

Robert Heinlein

Funny, I live close to Legends, and did not think worth mentioning as not so central really.

Yes, the extraction system in there is a problem.

But hey, they sell Cheezy Wotsits   :)

I should have said, for me, anything between Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Tai is central.

Robert Heinlein

Archived