IGNORED

Whats the deal with flights from uk in october?

jayc83

Hello everyone, 

I had my first visit to pattaya earlier this year and fell in love with the place, so now im looking to fly back out there in early october because its the only time i can get off work and iv heard its really cheap to get over there due to the rain season. But the flights dont seem so cheap at the minute though iv been told to wait and bide my time until the prices start to fall nearer the date. Now the flights iv been weighing up have increased by £110 in the past week!! Has anyone got any good advice for me on this one please?? Thanks

well, apparently you've not been waiting longe enough then, eh!

It's early July matey, don't get your knickers in a twist. You need to look on different machines and also on different days of the week and for quite a while to be able to tell anything at all. Now is definitely too early to make a call for Oct flights. Also different airlines have different ways to go about early/late pricing and the odd sale. Keep calm and keep looking. Opodo and Kayak alsways a good staring point.

What prices are you seeing and where are you flying from?

Lufthansa is currently offering flights from Manchester for £491 with excellent stop over time (15h out and 16h40 back) for 2-26th Nov but come back on 25th and they want £588 so you need to play around with the dates and times you can make most nights if possible to see what the general price is and know when deals come up.

I booked three months ago because I found a flight from Newcastle via Amsterdam for £450. Flying out 7th October.

How much are you being quoted?

There are fares for most dates in October from Heathrow with reasonable airlines for between £520 and £550 or £620 or so for direct.

Are you restricted to exact dates or are you looking for flights from another airport?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Try skyscanner mate

Flight prices will go up and down.....Ive booked for December 5th with Emirates for 3 weeks and got a price of £540....checked the same flight 2 weeks ago and it was £700+....Checked the next day on my work PC and it was coming in again around £550 mark....You have just got to keep checking week to week and you will find something around £450-£550 no problem for October....

Op is to some extent right. I keep a close eye on prices (I'm a bit sad like that!) so just did a skyscanner search for an imaginary 2week trip in October departing LHR.

The mid-east carriers like Emmirates and Etihad a pretty good. In my experience their prices will go up nearer the time so book them early.

EVA is same good  price as always, grab it if you want direct.

BA not bad but worth hanging on for a flash sale or discount (currently 660 I got the flight in September for 588 in sale).

The big suprise is Thai... the afternoon flight being 732 and evening 1062. WTF I never seen Thai that expensive! Are they full or desperate? I dont know.....

If you're flyiing from another airport KLM are always worth checking.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

don't forget when going to comparison sites to delete your cookies as they remember you've been there before, and they adjust their prices to persuade you to book

that's why joey69 got different quotes on his work pc.

The big suprise is Thai... the afternoon flight being 732 and evening 1062. WTF I never seen Thai that expensive! Are they full or desperate? I dont know.....

Thai have a date sensitive fare calculator where forward prices go up on set dates....for September,prices have been approx. 615 GBP throughout June,but on July 1st they shot up to 770 GBP on all booking sites.

Thai prices often rise on the first of a month.....but often settle down a few days later. Keep watching the booking sites,and strike next time the price is discounted.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Thanks for the replies

Its etihad or emirates I need to fly with from manchester, their flight times line up so I get the max time possible over there. Been quoted etihad (prefered times) £730 and emirates £625. Iv been using different search sites but il have to start deleting cookies every time I search from now on and check EVERY day......oh well its worth it  :GoldenSmile1:

Air France have return fares around £480-£510 from Manchester on most dates in October. Don't know if you have to fly out and back on fixed dates? I generally use ebookers.com to check fares as you can look 3 days either side.

Here is my price check for last year, flew out on 20/09, Week 38 with EVA for £572

Flights 600.jpg

my brothers just booked air france £475 so im thinking about getting those flights too just a bit unsure about the airline tho has anyone flown with airfrance before?? if so how was it??

Air France have return fares around £480-£510 from Manchester on most dates in October. Don't know if you have to fly out and back on fixed dates? I generally use ebookers.com to check fares as you can look 3 days either side.

Flying Etihad Airways from Heathrow on 12th October returning 10th November £484

Best price from Manchester out 5th October return 29th October £498

Etihad Airways Website and NO credit card charges.

my brothers just booked air france £475 so im thinking about getting those flights too just a bit unsure about the airline tho has anyone flown with airfrance before?? if so how was it??

I vowed never to fly again with Air France after the time I turned up at Manchester to be told my flight was cancelled and I was booked on a flight leaving the following morning. Next day in Paris,I had to wait 15 hours for my flight to Bkk.All they gave me was 2 meal vouchers.

I think you can fly KLM at least one way on the fares I mentioned??

Schipol is a good airport to transit through and I always found KLM to be OK (though not spectacular).

WOW - never seen 'spectacular' used when mentioning airlines or airports. Always a first - god bless!

• 3 weeks later...

Try Skyscanner as you can lok at prices on a whole month basis and I have found Jetcost very good as well

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

I booked yesterday  October 24th  for £605 check the prices now might be a good time to book..

• 3 weeks later...

Lhr to BKK 23rd oct to 03 nov £527 direct with Eva air through skyscanner , a few weeks ago BA had direct for £580 now it's over £650.

Archived